Discover a luxurious oasis at the Omni Houston Hotel. Situated on impeccably manicured grounds, the Houston Galleria hotel features the finest in Houston accommodations with sensational views of the city or pool area. The Omni Houston Hotel is centrally located in the prestigious Uptown Post Oak/Galleria area and is just minutes from all of the excitement that Houston, Texas has to offer.
The Omni Houston Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Houston Hotel may be your perfect match.
This position is for someone who wishes to make Hospitality Sales their career. The Leader in Development (LID) program is a Management Training Program directed to entry level candidates with a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent to develop their management skills by training them in all aspects of Sales.
- Schedule & prioritize work load to meet deadlines of all managers
- Type and distribute all correspondence, including proposals, booking notices, letters, contracts, etc. for assigned managers, ensuring that all correspondence is 100% accurate
- Utilize Delphi correctly, to ensure managers are able to accurately track, book and follow-up on all accounts/bookings
- Assist Sales Team with all Site preparation and support with sales kits / brochures etc.
- Assist managers with sales calls and participate in sites, FAMs, trade shows and other related market events as required
- Assist Sales with special reservation needs and work with Group Reservations Coordinator.
- Maintain account/booking files and ensures that all information is included in file, i.e. accurate traces, turnover-checklist, history, letters, emails, deposits, letters, etc.
- Ensure that all managers receive messages in a timely manner. Messages to include name and phone number of caller, date and time call received.
- Coordinate general office functions
- Liaise with other hotel departments to help ensure Sales clients' needs are met/exceeded
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Assists Sales Managers during periods of high lead volume and helps input proposals into the various RFP systems: CVENT, Lanyon, Zentilla, Teneo, IEBMS (CVB system), etc.
- Complete turnover sheet based on completed Delphi booking
- Helps prospect and solicit business through Knowland, LinkedIn and cold calling and passes info to appropriate Sales Manager to follow up
- Runs IDEAS and selects a rate for Express and wedding leads and communicates this with the Express Sales Manager.
- Prepares all Omni document proposals merged from Delphi and sends to Sales Manager to send to the client when complete.
- Assist with any changes to contracts as needed.
- Assist with any addendums as needed
- Able to conduct scheduled site tours in absence of DOSM or other Sales Managers.
- Assists with pop-up sites in in absence of DOSM or other Sales Managers.
- Assists with sending out mail, packages, gifts and holiday gifts to clients and prospects.
- Helps prep for office visits, meetings and presentations for clients and prospects.
- Candidates must be available to relocate after completion of the program.
- Previous Hotel Sales and/or related experience is preferred.
- Must be willing to work 47.5 hours per week to include weekends and some holidays
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Hospitality or Business Administration, within the past 2 years
- Has strong interpersonal skills and is customer service oriented with a sincere, helpful, caring and friendly personality
- Has outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and exceptional phone manner
- Able to adapt in a fast paced, constantly changing environment within a dynamic work schedule
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement . If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .