Discover a luxurious oasis at the Omni Houston Hotel. Situated on impeccably manicured grounds, the Houston Galleria hotel features the finest in Houston accommodations with sensational views of the city or pool area. The Omni Houston Hotel is centrally located in the prestigious Uptown Post Oak/Galleria area and is just minutes from all of the excitement that Houston, Texas has to offer.
The Omni Houston Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Houston Hotel may be your perfect match.
To wait on tables promptly, courteously and to serve the guest in any way possible.
- Servicing all guests in the dining room in every way possible, ensuring the best possible experience in hopes that they will return
- To comply with attendance and punctuality standards.
- To comply with uniform standards.
- To properly set up entire restaurant.
- To have complete understanding of server standards.
- To have a complete understanding of the full menu.
- To take food and drink orders.
- To ring orders accurately in POS system.
- To deliver food and beverage accurately to tables and in a timely manner.
- Be friendly and helpful with all guests. Use surnames whenever possible.
- To comply with food handling standards and applicable liquor laws.
- Run food to all sections of the restaurant and bar.
- To complete all assigned duties before checking out and clocking out.
- Inspecting and manicuring one's station in the restaurant to ensure that it is immaculate in both cleanliness and presentation.
- Station set-up and breakdown/side-work.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the restaurant manager
- Shift accounting, printing of reports at the end of the shift and banking out.
- Previous serving experience preferred.
- Previous cash handling experience required.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into MICROS.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up on guest requests and needs in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent customer service, service recovery and problem solving skills.
- Must be TABC and Food Handlers certified.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance. Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead, and twisting. Must be able to stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift in indoor/outdoor environments.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .