Houston Hotel at Westside
A peaceful water garden in the atrium lobby of the Omni Houston Hotel at Westside welcomes you with cascading waterfalls, exotic foliage and tropical fish in a beautiful serene setting. This spectacular luxury hotel rests on lush greens and is surrounded by a picturesque two-acre lake. At the Omni Houston Hotel at Westside, unparalleled hospitality complements priceless accommodations to create the ultimate experience. Located a short distance from Houston's city Centre dining and entertainment complex, the four-diamond Omni Houston Hotel at Westside offers a relaxed and elegant atmosphere.
The Omni Houston Hotel at Westside's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Houston at Westside's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Houston Hotel at Westside may be your perfect match.
To ensure proper training and supervision of all Laundry personnel and to deliver prompt, courteous, cost effective service that complies with Omni standards.
- Turns on/checks for on status of the ironer and makes sure it is in good operating condition (wax, etc.)
- Checks all washing machines and dryers to ensure they are in good working condition.
- Sets priorities for the day for Laundry staff.
- Assign all Laundry associates to their stations when they check-in.
- Keeps count and records of all items processed.
- Personally supervises the spotting and washing of all stained linens/terry.
- Recommends linen to be converted to rags when necessary.
- Knowledge of hotel, facilities and events.
- Oversees the delivery of linens to Food & Beverage and guestroom floors.
- Responsible for the correct folding of all items. Sets priorities for the linen runners in loading and delivery to floors.
- Inspects all linen before it leaves the Laundry.
- Responsible for Laundry associate morale, absenteeism and daily production.
- Responsible for proper station rotation during the day.
- Responsible for communication with Housekeeping Assistant, Room Service Manager, Restaurant Manager, Banquet Manager for all daily specials and weekly/monthly requirements.
- To ensure hotel, guest and associates are maintained in a safe and secure environment.
- Be able to push carts up to 150lb. filled with linen.
- Be able to lift 50lb.
- Able to use all machinery in the Laundry.
- Must have either laundry, housekeeping, or hotel experience.
- Must be flexible with schedules including weekends and holidays
- Must live within 50 miles of the hotel.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .