Discover a luxurious oasis at the Omni Houston Hotel. Situated on impeccably manicured grounds, the Houston Galleria hotel features the finest in Houston accommodations with sensational views of the city or pool area. The Omni Houston Hotel is centrally located in the prestigious Uptown Post Oak/Galleria area and is just minutes from all of the excitement that Houston, Texas has to offer.
The Omni Houston Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Houston Hotel may be your perfect match.
Reports to the Rooms Director & / or General Manager while overseeing supervisors & the Front Office staff, ensuring maximum Front Office operating efficiency. Managing and problem solving associate and guest issues while remaining professional at all times. Managing relationship with outside vendors to include Valet & security.
- Ensure all front office guest registration, services & checkout processes and preparations are seamless.
- Ensure all needed systems,PMS reports, night audit are run consistently & operating correctly.
- Responsible for training of all levels of Front Office associates. Ensure MOS& POE program is consistent.
- Communicate with all departments on continuing basis. Especially the communication with Assistant Front Office Managers each evening/morning.
- Handle all guest complaints maintaining a satisfactory impression with the guest on resolving any complaints.
- Be familiar with the hotel computer system for training, maintenance and trouble shooting
- Complete rate discrepancy report and make needed changes.
- Block/assign applicable arrivals for the following day; i.e. V.I.P.'s, Select Guests, ESP's, Special Requests, etc.
- Complete check-out with balance report.
- Complete credit check daily.
- Adhere to all Systems & Controls of the Front Office and appropriate areas of responsibilities.
- Assist with departmental scheduling and monitoring payroll productivity.
- Directly oversee all aspects of Front Office, Guest Services and the PBX department.
- Participate actively in REVMERCH, Forecasting, Financia review & Staff meetings.
- Participate & promote all Guest & Associate events & activities
- Attend other meetings as assigned by Director of Rooms.
- Minimum 3 years front Office leader experience with Omni or related AFOM experience (Hotel-Front Desk) in a labor environment, luxury hotel. Preferably in a labor environment. Graduated Front Office SDDP with AFOM experience will be considered.
- Must be able to work minimum of 50 hours per week, flexible shifts, including weekends, overnights and holidays.
- Must have excellent organizational, supervisory, customer service, mentoring & training skills.
- Must be able to work in a diversified, hands on, customer driven environment. Function well under stressful situations and handle challenges in a professional manner.
- Must have a 5 diamond presentation.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .