Our employees are what make The Homestead what it is. Since 1766, they've helped us offer guests an opportunity to enjoy Southern hospitality at its best. Located in the Allegheny Mountains of Virginia, we are a four-season resort that boasts superb restaurant dining experiences, championship golf, spa, winter sports and numerous other activities ideal for families and corporate outings.
Omni Homestead's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Homestead may be your perfect match.
As Rooms Division Intern you will be responsible to provide a warm welcome to all guests staying in the Hotel, ensuring all needs are met, anticipated whenever possible, and building and fostering relationships with new and repeat guests. Guest Service Representatives are expected to respond to all guests' requests expediently, assisting with dining, activity, and event reservations, additionally answering all inquiries accurately. Guest Service Representatives are expected to provide a prompt and efficient check-in and check-out experience, charge all guests appropriately, accommodate room-change requests expediently, and provide the most positive experience possible. You will also be able to complete basic housekeeping functions to include; cleaning rooms, inspecting rooms or performing basic cleaning in public areas.
Must be available starting in May - August
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many arrivals and departures within a short period of time
- Previous guest / customer service experience
- Previous resort front desk experience (strongly preferred)
- Previous guest relations training (preferred)
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .