Our employees are what make The Homestead what it is. Since 1766, they've helped us offer guests an opportunity to enjoy Southern hospitality at its best. Located in the Allegheny Mountains of Virginia, we are a four-season resort that boasts superb restaurant dining experiences, championship golf, spa, winter sports and numerous other activities ideal for families and corporate outings.
Omni Homestead's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Homestead may be your perfect match.
The Assistant Restaurant Manager, in coordination with the Restaurant General Manager, is responsible to ensure proper training and supervision of all restaurant associates, to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures in all areas of operations related to the guest service experience.
- Assist in overall supervision of all hourly supervisors and associates within department / outle, including: training, coaching and counseling and effectively communicating with all Outlets staff
- Stay on the floor during peak hours, communicate with guests and receive feedback. Monitor associate performance and assist as needed as well as guests experience, handling guest comments and complaints to ensure guest satisfaction
- Monitor labor and payroll costs, additionally checking staff punctuality and document call off and tardiness.
- Complete environmental checklist for dining room.
- Spot check liquor pars, monitor food waste and assist in completing inventory review, check bar controls, shot glass use, red lining, bottles totally empty.
- Order daily supplies, utilize Birchstreet ordering platform
- Ensure that pre-shift meeting conducted with service staff on a daily basis for all shifts
- Bring innovation and creative ideas and be able to plan ahead
- Maintain cleanliness and health code standards
- Monitor and critique the quality and consistency of the food product; examine food preparation and beverage presentation to ensure quality standards are met.
- Administrative responsibilities: such as payroll, scheduling, ordering, daily recaps, etc.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability law
- Previous 2 years experience working in a supervisory capacity.
- 1 year of experience as an F&B Supervisor in a 4 diamond, luxury hotel or restaurant environment (strongly preferred)
- Previous management experience (strongly preferred)
- Must have the ability to manage deadlines.
- Must have beer and wine knowledge.
- Understanding of Food and Beverage financials including cost and par controls (preferred)
- Individual must be able to work in fast pace environment and multitask.
- Proven ability to train, develop and lead a team to success.
- Computer literate and detail orientated a must, basic mathematical skills and be able to create and understand financial reports.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills.
All Full-Time, Year-Round Employees of The Homestead receive medical, dental, and vision insurance options, in addition to resort-specific discounts on dining, rooms, retail, and activities. Join our team today!
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .