Our employees are what make The Homestead what it is. Since 1766, they've helped us offer guests an opportunity to enjoy Southern hospitality at its best. Located in the Allegheny Mountains of Virginia, we are a four-season resort that boasts superb restaurant dining experiences, championship golf, spa, winter sports and numerous other activities ideal for families and corporate outings.
Omni Homestead's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Homestead may be your perfect match.
The Rounds Chef / Chef de Tournant is an hourly (overtime-eligible) supervisor role within the culinary department. This person is responsible to provide technical and administrative support to the Sous Chefs, ensuring effective operation of the kitchens and dining outlets, additionally responsible to prepare daily requisition for food areas. The Rounds Chef is expected to aid in maintaining and setting standards of quality and consistency throughout the kitchens, assisting in, and directing training and coaching opportunities for cook on team.
- Works as a leader in all kitchen areas.
- Able to work skillfully in all kitchen areas, including Garde Manger, Banquets, and all restaurants.
- Responsible for supporting training and safety of Staff.
- Responsible for product availability for all restaurant or banquet items.
- Directs proper sanitation and organization of all kitchen facilities and equipment.
- Ensures that all kitchen equipment is in good working order, generate report if necessary, and directs proper maintenance of all walk-in coolers (rotation of food products and cleanliness).
- Monitors and has hands-on control over daily food production.
- Maintains good working relationship with Front of the House Managers.
- Conducts daily meetings with servers and kitchen staff to discuss additions to menu and to resolve any operation concerns.
- Knows expectations and ensures that staff understands them and that they execute said expectations within the proper guidelines.
- Checks and controls sign-in and sign-out procedures for kitchen staff.
- Ensure that all food safety guidelines are followed at all times in accordance with local health department regulations.
- Maintain and enforce food quality and visual appeal.
- Must be able to understand, organize and maintain B.E.O.s
- Checks with Executive Chef and Sous Chefs daily for any special products or preparations
- Ensure that all products are labeled, dated and rotated daily.
- Hold a daily pre-shift meeting to insure the proper transfer of information
- Follow all organization and sanitation L.S.O.P.s
- Associates degree or higher in Culinary Arts, or commensurate experience within the culinary industry
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a professional kitchen
- Previous experience within fine dining, high volume, and multi-outlet resort / restaurant group (strongly preferred)
- Previous fine dining Banquet experience (strongly preferred)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Delphi or similar programs
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to manage competing priorities
- Clear, positive, energetic communication skills, both verbal and written
- ServSafe Certified (strongly preferred)
All Full-Time, Year-Round Employees of The Homestead receive medical, dental, and vision insurance options, in addition to resort-specific discounts on dining, rooms, retail, and activities. Join our team today!
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .