Our employees are what make The Homestead what it is. Since 1766, they've helped us offer guests an opportunity to enjoy Southern hospitality at its best. Located in the Allegheny Mountains of Virginia, we are a four-season resort that boasts superb restaurant dining experiences, championship golf, spa, winter sports and numerous other activities ideal for families and corporate outings.
Omni Homestead's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Homestead may be your perfect match.
Omni Hotels & Resorts' Leader In Development (LID) program is a challenging twelve month curriculum designed to develop entry level candidates and offer them expanded career opportunities. Through a Self Directed Development Plan a LID will experience hands on learning through their respective division of the hotel. With the successful completion of the LID program, the candidate selected will have the tools that will enable them to be a candidate for an entry level management position with Omni Hotels & Resorts.
The Rooms LID at Omni Homestead Resort will train in all aspects of the Rooms division to include: Front Desk, Ideal Services (PBX), Guest Services, Housekeeping and Laundry. While rotating between various roles and responsibilities, this individual will support the efforts of the department with a particular emphasis on developing this individual in their management and leadership skills. This is a customer service position which requires a multitude of tasks while consistently providing exceptional customer service to our guests and clients in-house.
As an effective member of the Rooms management team, the Rooms LID will be primarily responsible for ensuring the quality operation of the various departments and staff on a daily basis and assisting management team in staff training, and ensuring prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni standards and company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Hospitality Management or a related field within the last two years
- Commit to one year (12 months) of service at the home hotel
- Ability to transfer and/or relocate to any Omni property within the continental United States upon successful completion of the LID program
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays, as this position averages a 47.50 hour work week
- Knowledge of Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to make quick decisions in high stress situations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Pleasant and positive personality
- Well organized, efficient, and ability to handle deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and prioritize
- Previous Housekeeping or Rooms Division experience (preferred)
- Bilingual language ability (preferred, Spanish - strongly preferred)
All Full-Time, Year-Round Employees of The Homestead receive medical, dental, and vision insurance options, in addition to resort-specific discounts on dining, rooms, retail, and activities. Join our team today!
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .