Our employees are what make The Homestead what it is. Since 1766, they've helped us offer guests an opportunity to enjoy Southern hospitality at its best. Located in the Allegheny Mountains of Virginia, we are a four-season resort that boasts superb restaurant dining experiences, championship golf, spa, winter sports and numerous other activities ideal for families and corporate outings.
Omni Homestead's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Homestead may be your perfect match.
The Food & Beverage Leader in Development (LID) is a 12-month program designed to develop graduates into successful managers in the division they wish to pursue. The Food & Beverage LID will spend 40 hours each week assisting each department in Food & Beverage, and 10 hours completing contracts (training plans) throughout the Omni Homestead Property. Upon completion of the LID program, the Food & Beverage LID will move into a managerial or assistant managerial role at any Omni property.
- Assist in overall supervision of the department as outlined in manager's job description.
- Complete environmental checklist for dining room.
- Spot check liquor pars and order daily supplies.
- Hold pre-shift meetings.
- Follow up on established training steps.
- Handle guest comments and complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.Stay on the floor during peak hours.
- Observe, teach and correct staff's service
- Examine food preparation and beverage presentation.
- Maintain condition of dining room, mini bar and room service.
- Assist manager in; scheduling, completing weekly payroll, and forecasting both weekly and monthly.
- 4 year college degree required, preferably in a related field
- Previous customer / guest service experience
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail, including the ability to anticipate guests' needs
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule, 50 hours a week, including weekends and holidays
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all federal and state liquor liability laws
- 1 year of experience in Food and Beverage Supervision or Management role (preferred)
- Understanding of, and previous experience reading, Food and Beverage financials, including cost and par controls (controls)
All Full-Time, Year-Round Employees of The Homestead receive medical, dental, and vision insurance options, in addition to resort-specific discounts on dining, rooms, retail, and activities. Join our team today!
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .