Our employees are what make The Homestead what it is. Since 1766, they've helped us offer guests an opportunity to enjoy Southern hospitality at its best. Located in the Allegheny Mountains of Virginia, we are a four-season resort that boasts superb restaurant dining experiences, championship golf, spa, winter sports and numerous other activities ideal for families and corporate outings.
Omni Homestead's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Homestead may be your perfect match.
The Assistant Director of Finance is responsible to supervise, monitor and review all on-site accounting activities including account reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, research, Accounts Receivable billing, credit and collection, and the monitoring of operations systems and procedures and control features.
- Responsible for complete training of staff for job duties of the following positions: Accounts Receivable Clerk; Accounts Receivable Billing Clerk; Accounts Payable Clerk, General Cashier, Income Audit and Paymaster.
- Coordinate all on site accounting functions with the Director of Finance. Act as liaison for all corporate accounting requests.
- Ensure a smooth Accounts Payable process.
- Assist in attaining financial goals.
- Partner with Credit Manager to ensure the timely billing of all direct bill accounts with complete backup and accurate invoices.
- Ensure maintenance of all daily filing of documents needed for research requests from guest and in-house users.
- Ensure all guest disputes and requests for clarification is resolved and/or responded to in a timely manner.
- Ensure an effective tracking system for all rebates/adjustments.
- Work closely with all departments to come up with solutions to Systems & Controls problems.
- Ensure daily balance of Income Audit to Daily Report.
- Complete all general ledger and bank reconciliation.
- Ensure a timely month-end close.
- Produce accurate financial statements.
- Prepare inter-company reconciliation and solve disputes.
- Ensure that daily cash management functions - dial up bank, check balances, reconcile accounts, fax transfers or funding requests are prepared properly.
- Prepare Balance Sheet analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College or University, preferrable in Accounting or Finance.
- Must have 4-5 years of accounting experience (specific to the Hospitality industry - strongly preferred)
- Previous supervisor experience
- Previous experience as an Assistant Director of Finance in a hotel (preferred)
- Must be flexible and able to work weekends, as necessary
All Full-Time, Year-Round Employees of The Homestead receive medical, dental, and vision insurance options, in addition to resort-specific discounts on dining, rooms, retail, and activities. Join our team today!
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
End of Job Description