Mechanical Maintenance Planner - Hopewell, VA
910 Industrial St, PO Box 201
Hopewell, Virginia, 23860
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Provide for the effective use of personnel, materials and machine downtime to maintain production equipment availability and performance at satisfactory levels through the planning, scheduling, coordinating and reporting of repair activities.
How you will impact Westrock:
• Plan routine maintenance work orders for internal maintenance crews.
• Plan major maintenance and outage maintenance activities.
• Implement and follow-up safety programs in the department.
• Forecast maintenance spending both monthly and annually.
• Generate work scopes for all contracted maintenance activities.
• Solicitation of bids for contracted work.
• Maintain Equipment BOM's.
Adheres to all mill safety rules, participates in or may lead safety programs and meetings with the goal of improving safety at the mill. Supports the mill behavior based safety program (MOSSIE)
- Demonstrates active caring for co-workers
- Learns all job related Safe Operating Procedures
- Participates in safety meetings and Safety Training
- Reports all near misses and unsafe conditions
- Suggest methods for improving the process
- Reports all injuries immediately
What you need to Succeed:
- B.S. Degree in engineering (preferred) and 2 plus years' experience in mechanical maintenance, or
- Three plus years' experience in a mechanical maintenance supervisory/planner role (required) and five plus years (total) mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing/process industry (required).
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Experience in paper mill/power and recovery (preferred).
- Experience in Steam Turbines and Boiler Certification Standards (preferred).
- Experience in Environmental Compliance standards (preferred).
- Reliability and/or precision maintenance experience (preferred).
- 5S, Lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience (preferred).
- Basic computer skills (MicroSoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Additional computer skills MicroSoft Project, Pi Oracle, JDE, CMMS (preferred).
- Action Oriented / Business Acumen / Conflict Management
- Creativity / Timely Decision Making / Decision Quality
- Developing Direct Reports & Others / Functional & Technical Skills
- Motivating Others / Patience / Managing Through Systems