Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
Located on the sugar sand beaches of Hilton Head Island on the southern coast of South Carolina, this oceanfront resort is a tropical paradise unlike anywhere else in this premier destination. The Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort offers beautiful oceanfront views to all of our guests.
Omni Hilton Head's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort may be your perfect match.
To create an atmosphere in the Lobby conducive to the prompt and efficient handling of all guests needs. Work closely with the Director of Front Office to oversee the development of Bell Stand, Concierge and the Ideal Services department to ensure maximum operating efficiency. Work with the Assistant Front Office Manager and Front Office Team to ensure all guests' needs is met.
- Be pleasant, smile, and greet all guests, using guest names when obtained
- Communicate with guests and receive feedback
- Ensure that all arriving and departing guests are treated with maximum courtesy and are served expeditiously.
- Maintain 4-Star/4-Diamond standards of guest service and a consistent guest experience as documented by Medallia scores, Comment Cards, and AAA ratings.
- Be involved in resolution of as many guests' complaints as possible.
Leadership and Training
- Retain, manage and motivate Bell Stand, Concierge and Ideal Services.
- Work with the Front Office Management team to retain, manage and motivate the front office team.
- Maintain continuous liaison with management, Front Office and Housekeeping staff to guarantee that guests are receiving quality services that exceed their expectations.
- Participate with other members of management in developing plans to deliver special services to selected targeted markets.
- Interview, hire, counsel, train, and discipline associates, in coordination with the Director of Front Office
- To ensure all Guest Services payroll costs and other expenses are properly monitored and controlled in accordance with budgets and monthly updates.
- Train service personnel to follow rehearsed service scenarios.
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork with internal associates
- Assist with schedule, forecast, payroll, Kronos, Medallia, MOS
- Complete scheduling and maintain productivity of staff.
- Conduct monthly One on One with Bell Captains and associates
- Conduct a monthly department meeting
- To understand all amenities and services offered at the resort and the local area
- Stay current on local activities and events.
- Use a radio daily, communicating with Bell stand and other departments such as engineering & housekeeping
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of the bell stand, bell closet, Ideal Service Office and Lobby.
- Contribute to the profitability of the hotel through cost control effectiveness.
- Perform monthly forecasting with the rooms department.
- Order supplies daily if needed e.g. apples and water
- Demonstrate full working knowledge of POS systems
- Running reports for amenities, room rate packages and add on packages to ensure the guests receive the full experience that they have booked in Go Concierge.
- Process Accounts Payable invoices for various vendors using Birchstreet
- Answers office phone greeting internal and external guest.
- Check voicemails, e-mails and faxes and follow up accordingly
- Interior and exterior of hotel with exposure to weather conditions.
Safety and Standards
- Be alert to potential problems and malfunctions of hospitality services and make on-the-spot corrections.
- Know emergency procedures and work to prevent accidents.
- Ensure proper function of all service equipment including shuttles.
- Enter all maintenance deficiencies in Synergy and follow up
- Maintain the physical atmosphere and cleanliness of the lobby, entrance and driveway.
- Ensure staff's uniforms and appearance meet specifications.
- Know and adhere to all Omni policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ensure representation at the Safety and OST Meetings
- Must have Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in at the hospitality industry
- Upscale hotel experience is preferred.
- Must be able to stand on feet for 10 hours a day.
- Must have the ability to multitask.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Prior history utilizing Opera preferred.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have a strong attention to detail as well as strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Innovative ideas to enhance the guest experience in an upscale environment.