Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
Located on the sugar sand beaches of Hilton Head Island on the southern coast of South Carolina, this oceanfront resort is a tropical paradise unlike anywhere else in this premier destination. The Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort offers beautiful oceanfront views to all of our guests.
Omni Hilton Head's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort may be your perfect match.
To ensure proper training and supervision of all Engineering personnel and to provide consistent, cost-effective maintenance programs that ensure the Hotels safe and efficient operation.
- Coordinate and operate, in an economical, legal and safe manner, all Heating, Lighting, Power and Repair & Maintenance for the hotel.
- Inspect physical plant and equipment and supervise the maintenance and preventative maintenance program of all areas.
- Coordinate with other departments all work necessary to maintain general conditions, safety and health standards set forth by hotel policy and legal requirements.
- Interview, hire, counsel, and discipline engineering associates, in coordination with the Director of Human Resources.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Engage with associates and provide recognition and praise to ensure high job satisfaction.
- Ensure associates have the materials and equipment they need to do their work correctly.
- Measure and assess training needs and provide training to staff on an on-going basis which continues to develop them for the future.
- Conduct annual safety training in compliance with Omni standards .
- Directly supervise Engineering associates in the operation and control of utilities to provide efficient operation of hotel services and comfort to guests.
- Recommend to management possible projects for future capital budgets. Obtain bids, supervise and coordinate contractors in performance of project work.
- Maintain own and hotel's special permits and licenses as required by local authorities.
- Ensure life-safety annual trainings are completed.
- Control schedules, staffing and payroll of Engineering associates. Compile personnel records, logs utilities and keep Engineering records.
- Manage outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed timely and accurately.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree
- Must have extensive facilities maintenance, HVAC and mechanical experience.
- Prior resort engineering experience and proven leadership experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to work weekends and at any other times as required.
- Ability to work in the interior and exterior of the hotel/resort.
- Experience managing a crew of 9 or more.