The Shift Leader directs kitchen service staff activities and oversees the delivery of food to the patient floors in consultation with Production Supervisors and the Director and coordinating with other food service units as necessary.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Responsible for the setup and delivery of food to the patients as well as other nutrition products and services. This includes, establishes own work plan and priorities, using and/or modifying established procedures.
· Assists in the development of plans, methods and procedures for improving the overall operations of the department
· Maintains high standards of sanitation throughout the work areas
· Coordinate loading, delivery, and pickup of food carts on schedule
· Insure dietetic information for use by kitchen personnel in preparation of food is correct. Prepare individual menus for meal trays.
· Ensures all policy and regulatory standards are met, including health regulations and JC AHO standards. Follows all HACCP and Health Dept.
· Participates regularly in supervisory and other meetings and holds staff meetings as necessary and in accordance with departmental expectations. Attends all required in-services and training.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: Two years of food service experience required, healthcare food service experience preferred