The Certified Athletic Trainer is responsible for providing sports medicine services for the prevention and rehabilitation of athletic injuries. This position will perform both outreach and periodic clinical duties for the sports medicine program including, but not limited to, provision of athletic health care services to assigned schools, evaluation, diagnosis, management, treatment, rehabilitation and intervention of injuries and illness, tracking and reporting of athletic injuries as well as performing clinical duties as assigned.
• Understands necessary roles for injury prevention and recognition of injuries.
• Able to perform duties in n efficient and independent manner with minimal supervision.
• Uses modalities and equipment safely and efficiently. Develops plan of care for treatment and rehabilitation in accordance with finding of evaluation and goals set by physician. Can master new work routines and use new equipment without need for repetitive instruction.
• Proper documentation of injury status and rehabilitation. Proper application of all required healthcare forms. Proper communication with, and referral to appropriate healthcare provider.
• Communicate efficiently with athletes and when appropriate, parents in relation to injury, rehab goals, etc.
Graduate of an accredited school in athletic training
Must be licensed or eligible to be licensed in North Carolina as an Athletic Trainer
One year or more of clinical outreach experience preferred. Graduates with NATA and BOC certification will be considered.
Current NATA and BOC certification required. Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) certification preferred