LPN II, Float Pool
Full time; night-shift shift
72 hours per pay period; eligible for float pool differentials as well as night and weekend differentials
Active TN LPN Licensure, BLS upon hire, must have active IV Push Certification.
Welcome to Roane Medical Center
Proudly serving our community, Roane Medical Center is committed to your healthy future! Our state-of-the-art facility is equipped with modern technologies and expert staff to provide you the best possible patient care.
Flexible scheduling - hours/days may vary depending on needs, including some weekends and holidays. Must be very flexible, adaptable, have great team working skills, and be willing to travel to other nearby Covenant facilities on occasion.
Must possess at least one (1) year of hospital/med surg experience
The LPN II will provide nursing care under supervision of a registered nurse, within an assigned unit.
Position Accountabilities and Performance Criteria:
- Initiates admission database and history, and in collaboration with the RN implements patient and family teaching and care needs.
- Practices in compliance with all regulatory standards and adheres to all hospital policy and procedures in the performance of duties.
- Performs and prioritizes nursing care tasks.
- Accurately follows the nursing plan of care and pertinent medical orders in collaboration and under direction of a RN.
- Observes and reports nursing interventions and patient responses, and documents in a timely, concise and legible manner.
- Recognizes, responds and reports changes in patient conditions to RN Team Leader.
- Participates in unit specific quality assurance activities and patient care conferences as requested.
- Demonstrates principles of infection control; collaborates with infection control nurse to ensure safety of patients, visitors, and personnel.
- Assists in orienting new employees or students to unit routines.
- Administers IV venipuncture and parenteral fluids per established hospital protocol.
- Performs specific advanced patient care treatments as approved to perform per hospital protocol.
- Demonstrates competence in performing critical skills to include appropriate delivery of care according to the age-specific needs of the population served.
- Strives to achieve high customer satisfaction by using Journey to Excellence tactics including but not limited to, AIDET, bedside shift report, purposeful hourly rounding, careboard completion, narrating the care, etc.