Location : Greensboro, NC Market
Primary responsibilities include the solicitation and origination of Mortgage, real estate related and other HomeTrust Bank loan products. Incumbent counsels borrowers to ensure they acquire a loan product appropriate to their circumstances. Assesses with customer the best options for the customer's needs and makes appropriate recommendations. Analyzes the prospective borrower's income and debt, counsels borrower on credit record or other problems, and pre-qualifies the borrower. Provides disclosures to borrower including Truth in Lending and Good Faith Estimates.
Specific Job Functions
- Originates Mortgage and other real estate related loans, as well as consumer and small business loans.
- Interviews customers and completes detailed loan application.
- Prequalifies borrowers using standard underwriting procedures.
- Counsels customers on home buying and financing process.
- Develops and maintains personal loan pipeline.
- Works with Loan Processor to facilitate underwriting and processing phases of loans.
- Answers telephone and written inquiries concerning active loans and Bank loan offerings.
- Cross-sells financial institution products and services as appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of all Bank retail and consumer lending products.
- Knowledge of all HomeTrust Bank Retail products and services.
- Knowledge of origination and loan processing functions and related requirements and procedures.
- Knowledgeable of Bank underwriting guidelines for in-house and secondary market loans.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with builders, real estate agents, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and communications skills.
- Skilled professional networker.
- Successful completion of Bank training program(s) for lending (depending on experience and background as a lender).
- Expectation is to have ability to meet business goals after first 12 months of employment with HomeTrust Bank.
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations pertaining to lending and consumer compliance, including fair lending laws.
Physical and Mental Qualifications
- Ability to understand, and use Bank loan policies and procedures to support positive customer interactions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and the general public in a positive, problem solving manner.
- Ability to listen to and convey accurately and quickly, detailed information, important instructions and/or ideas.
- Ability to think and act independently within guidelines and limitations of Bank policy and assigned personal authority.
- Presents a professional, business-like manner and appearance.
- Sales and Service aptitude and ability. Earns quick credibility.
- Outgoing nature with excellent skills at building and maintaining relationships.
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to resolve customer concerns/issues in a positive way.
- Focus/desire to serve customer needs and provide excellent customer service.
- Technically savvy and task oriented.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Prefer 2-4 year degree in related field.
- At least two years of experience as a retail loan originator, processor, or sales assistant or equivalent experience with a proven sales record.
- Good basic computer skills.
- Must be bondable.
- Valid driver's license required.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities