Job Summary: Provides technical support to internal and external customers by efficiently performing a wide variety of task utilizing digital and Picture Archive Communication Systems (PACS) technology with the ultimate goal of accurate and efficient utilization of electronic/manual image and data storage, reporting and distribution methodologies. Supports department by maintaining an environment of safety for patients, self, and others.
Required Education: High school graduate.
Required License: None
Required Experience: Two years office experience
Preferred Experience: Medical Office Experience
1. Supports good communication practices by maintaining electronic record responsibilities.
1. Promotes efficient system by retrieving and/or creating patients' electronic folders and physical radiology jackets.
2. Supports department by accessing reports and other patient or exam data via the RIS (Cerner), PACS and related software systems.
3. Practices timeliness and efficiency by communicating reports and/or image data to appropriate physicians' office.
4. Utilizes proper Quality Assurance measures by reprinting and packaging images via PACS, film, and /or CD's for distribution and delivery to physicians' offices.
2. Supports the department by providing customer services to staff and physicians.
1. Assist the radiologist, other physicians and staff in the execution of their duties by acting as a resource person for timely, effective use of services, both in electronic and manual modalities.