Orlando Resort at Championsgate
The Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate is surrounded by 36 holes of championship Orlando golf, the Leadbetter Golf Academy World Headquarters and 15 acres of recreation, this four-diamond resort is one of the nation's premier golf, meeting and leisure retreats. In addition to walk-out golf, guests may choose to relax in our signature Mokara spa, dine in one of our five restaurants or enjoy 15 acres of pools and recreation activities including the 850-foot lazy river.
Omni Orlando's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate may be your perfect match.
Ensure proper set up of meeting and Banquet facilities by communicating effectively through supervisors & house persons to associates and handling guest's requests on the floor.
- Directly responsible for the daily supervision of the Banquet Manager.
- Inspects each function room prior to the event to ensure that both the client's needs are fulfilled and the hotel standards are met.
- Responsible for initiating and maintaining contact with each meeting planner (in-house) to ensure that all last-minute requests and changes are provided.
- Meets with banquet house person on a daily basis to insure that uniform codes and personal hygiene requirements are met in accordance with department standards.
- Reviews daily worksheet and assigns specific duties to each banquet House person.
- Review daily Synergy report.
- Inspects each function room prior to, and during breaks to insure that all requirements reflected on the daily worksheets are met. Specific hotel standards must also be fulfilled.
- Walls, baseboards, and light fixtures cleaned.
- Room to be vacuumed thoroughly.
- Drapes to be hung properly.
- Lighting and temperature control to client's request.
- Maintain cleanliness of Banquet meeting space and equipment.
- Tablecloths and skirting to be cleaned and pressed.
- Uniformity among all set-ups in accordance.
- Insures that cleanliness and order of all storage areas is maintained.
- Organizing and maintaining the back of the house areas to ensure a productive, safe and energy conserving work environment.
- In coordination with the Banquet Setup Manager initiates appropriate disciplinary action for housemen who have committed infractions of the Rules of Conduct as stated in the Omni Hotels Associate Handbook.
- Ensures that all unused rooms are set to department's standards.
- Executes Associate MOS reports on a monthly basis. Provides daily, weekly and monthly performance feedback to the Associates and reports to the Banquet Setup Manager.
- Recycles whenever possible.
- Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma.
- 2+ years experience as Set Houseman in a high volume, upscale Hotel.
- Exceptional guest service skills.
- Ability to stand (long period), stoops, bend and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively during entire shift.
- Ability to work flexible schedule (Including weekends and holidays).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced environment.
- Remain calm and professional at all times.
- Be able to make quick decisions and possess good judgment.
- On their feet over 2/3 of the time.
- Walking over 2/3 of the time.
- Sitting under 1/3 of the time.
- Using hands to finger, handle, or feet over 2/3 of the time.
- Reach with hands and arms over 2/3 of the time.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl under 1/3 of the time.
- Wet or humid conditions (non-weather) for 1/3 of the time.
- Working in fluctuating outdoor temperature.
- Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to food items and beverages.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .