National Harbor, Maryland
It is the responsibility of the Apprentice Bartender to support the Bartender by ensuring his/her outlet is clean, organized, and properly stocked at all times and to service guests in a courteous, timely, and professional manner as needed. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures.
• Cleans all equipment, tools, and supplies; polishes glassware; and ensures equipment is in good working order.
• Ensures proper set up, labeling, stocking and delivery of alcohol, non-alcoholic beverages, supplies, glasses, paper products, garnishes, and ice.
• Delivers orders from warehouse to bars as assigned.
• Maintains the cleanliness, sanitation, and appearance of the bar area(s).
• Performs all opening and closing duties, based upon shift assignment.
• Completes tasks which include: checking quality and amount of all bar stock and supplies through checklist; setting up bottles in display cabinet and speed rail; checking condition and cleanliness of blender, shaker and other tools; checking temperature/chemical levels of refrigeration units, glass wash machine, and sanitation buckets.
• When bartending, rings beverages that are poured or served and follows all cash handling procedures.
• Promotes and maintains the highest level of service to all guests while staying alert to their needs, and responds effectively to guest inquiries.
• Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
**EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:**
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Six (6) months of experience as a Bar Porter, Apprentice Bartender, Bartender, Food Server, or other F&B service role
• One (1) year of previous experience as an Apprentice Bartender working in a similar resort setting
• Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
**CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:**
• Food Handlers Card
• Alcohol Awareness Card
• Customer Service Orientation: The ability to provide excellent service to guests and ensure their complete satisfaction. This includes greeting and interacting with guests in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, building trust, anticipating and meeting guest needs and preferences, remaining calm and professional when dealing with guests that are difficult or upset, taking ownership of guest issues or problems and taking action to quickly resolve them, and caring about and valuing guests.
• Communication: The ability to communicate information clearly and politely to coworkers, supervisors, and guests when speaking, writing, and reading English. This includes targeting the amount, style, and content of the information to the needs of the receiver.
• Team Work: The ability to participate as a committed member of a team. This includes cooperating and working well with other team members to accomplish goals and meet guest needs, being supportive of others, willingly helping others, objectively considering others’ ideas and opinions, sharing information with others, adhering to team expectations and guidelines, giving proper credit to others, and fulfilling team responsibilities.
• Interpersonal Skills: The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with managers, supervisors, staff, coworkers, guests, and vendors. This includes being cooperative, approachable, and taking time to listen to and address others’ questions or concerns; treating others with kindness, respect, and dignity; and expressing empathy and compassion when dealing with the needs and problems of others.
• Presentation: The ability and willingness to present oneself with proper grooming, hygiene, and dress. This includes wearing appropriate and clean clothing/uniform and shoes, wearing hair in a neat and clean condition, maintaining personal cleanliness, ensuring neat and clean appearance of own work area, and ensuring property facilities are litter free.
• Dependability: The ability and willingness to take ownership of work activities and ensure that they are completed accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner. This includes being conscientious, committed, reliable, trustworthy, and accountable for completing work activities.
• Integrity and Company Policies Knowledge: The ability and willingness to uphold ethical standards and comply with all federal, state, and local laws and company policies, procedures, and regulations. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all sensitive and proprietary information and avoiding conflict of interest situations.
• Multi-Tasking: The ability to process multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Computer Skills: The ability and willingness to learn how to operate the cash register and all point of sale (POS) devices.
• Beverage Knowledge: The ability and willingness to learn and obtain a working knowledge of all menu items, including mixing and serving beverages, standard beverage recipes, preparation methods, glassware, garnishes, products, menu items, supplies, and equipment.
• Physical Strength: The ability to lift, push, pull, or carry objects using hands, arms, back, stomach, shoulders, legs, or a combination of these muscle groups.
• Agility: The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, or legs to perform job tasks.
MGM Resorts International is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, MGM Resorts International will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
MGM Resorts International believes in providing opportunity for every employee to grow, develop and succeed in a work environment where you can be your best. We encourage you to explore our job opportunities. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact our Corporate Diversity and Disability Outreach department at 1-844-247-0370 or email email@example.com