Responsible for performing cardiovascular studies on patients that support diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. Performs, records, and reports Non-Invasive Vascular and/or adult Echocardiography procedures using specialized equipment. Both echo and vascular sonography may be performed during the course of a normal work day. The position provides flexibility in staffing sites with modality needs.
Demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with all patients, families, visitors and other employees regardless of cultural background.\
- Perform complete cardiac and vascular ultrasound studies in compliance with guidelines set by the IAC and approved by the Medical Directors and Technical Directors. May drive mobile van to client site or to scheduled site as needed.
- Evaluate results of study making preliminary report of normal and abnormal findings. Maintain for files and disperse to physicians and patient floors accurate records of studies completed.
- Responsible for notifying interpreting Cardiologist of emergency situations based on Cardiac and/or Vascular Ultrasound findings.
- Evaluate patient history assessing past and current cardiac or vascular status for determination of factors leading to cardiac and/or vascular disease.
- Maintain Quality Assurance of studies performed as well as equipment function.
- Maintain continuing education in order to continually provide complete diagnostic studies
Education, Credentials, Licenses: Graduate of an accredited cardiovascular ultrasound degree program and/or qualifying experience in accordance with IAC guidelines. (New graduates are given consideration to achieve the IAC minimum study requirements.)
- Cardiac or Vascular Imaging
*Must obtain 2nd registry within 24 months of employment.
- RDCS, RVT, RVS, or RCS
(only one registration is required)
- -Knowledgeable of Vascular and Cardiac Hemodynamics
- -Proficient with use of cardiac and vascular testing equipment.
Additional Minimum Requirements: For CVMHU
- Legal Valid Driver’s license
- Commercial Driver’s license (CDL)