Amelia Island Plantation Resort
At Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort guests can explore 3.5 miles of pristine beach and scenic marshlands whileenjoying luxurious oceanfront accommodations, world-class resort pools, championship golf, full-service spa, endless dining options and family-friendly activities.
Omni Amelia Island Plantation associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort may be your perfect match.
To exceed guest expectations and implement high quality recreation activities and services and to provide a safe environment for our guests and associates in all areas of Social and Group Recreation.
- Responsible for all Group Recreation Programming at the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
- Responsible for the financial aspect of the department including budgeting, forecasting, and labor costs while increasing revenue and controlling expenses
- Hire, train and supervise Group Recreation Associates, also assume oversight of all associates when they working a group recreation event to include, training, guiding and disciplining.
- Review all Omni contracts and communicate potential clients to book future business
- Maintain clear communication with essential departments to produce events
- Create detailed contract for events that managers and staff to execute a programs
- Attend weekly resume, tie down meetings, stand up meeting, Recreation Leadership meeting and site visits as requested
- Responsible upholding high standards for each program which exceed the guests expectation on the contract
- Be a positive role model for associates and colleagues
- Reach out to the local community and promote recreation department by providing private function, ie. Company parties, birthday parties, family reunion, weddings
- Isolate and analyze areas in need of improvement and take immediate action
- Establish administrative rules and regulations, polices and procedure for the department
- Foster positive relations with internal and external vendors
- Attend and participate in weekly manager meetings, monthly Omni Service Tradition and on going training classes
- Use the Omni culture to grow associates in a positive manner and develop ideas from their input
- Help develop long range plans for the department by setting and meeting yearly and monthly goals and objectives
- Attend staff department meetings communicating pertinent information to associates, managers and the director
- To oversee and operate all group recreation programs and assist in the maintenance and upkeep of recreation facilities
- Consistently and continually create, enhance, and develop existing recreation programs to include all ages and abilities
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid drivers license with a satisfactory record that meets company standards to be able to drive company vehicles
- Assist in all other aspects of the recreation department as needed
- Must be 21 years of age and have a valid driver's license in good standing
- Must be an energetic, active and creative individual able to speak in front of large groups and comfortable working with young children
- Must work well under pressure and assure a safe environment
- Must be able to maintain facilities to include cleaning of Kids Camp area, Towel Hut, Information Desk, Pool Area, etc.
- Will be exposed to working outside in hot and cold temperatures and rain.
- Able to stoop, stand, push, pull, walk or stand for long periods of time, and able to lift 30-50 Lbs frequently (60-100 occasionally)
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .