Line Cook Job Description
Kitchen Hours of operation:
Monday-Saturday 11am-10pm, Closed Sunday
Rate of Pay: $12-$15 per hour, DOE. Kitchen experience, quality control, culinary education, etc.
Job Description: Set up, prep and stock food stations with all necessary supplies. Prepare food for
service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces) Cook menu items in
cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff. Answer, report and follow Executive Chef’s instruction.
Keep all areas where food is present, cleaned, and sanitized.
• Maintain proper hygiene guidelines, as determined by Health Codes and restaurant
• Assist in preparing foods to the specifications of the kitchen standards and proper portions
• Assist in preparing food items per the prep list and Chef’s instructions following recipes
• Maintain a clean area to avoid cross contamination to accommodate guests with allergies or
specific diet concerns
• Communicate, clearly and respectfully, with Front of House team members and management, as
• Assist in plating, seasoning and garnish food according to recipes or company needs
• Maintain a LOW CALL list for ingredients and spices that need to be ordered
• Maintain a LOW CALL food prep list, during the shift, for the following day’s prep team
• Operate various kitchen appliances such as a blender, oven, grill, slicer, stand mixer, etc.
• Assist other cooks during the food assembly process
• Assist other kitchen team members with dish
• Assist and may create new recipes for consideration while maintaining cost control
• The kitchen stays open until 10pm and makes food to order up until 10pm
• Close & cleans kitchen when service is complete.
o Clean, sanitize and dry all dishes including kitchen dishes and put away
o Clean and disinfect prep station containers, interior of unit and steam well area
o Clean all refrigerators and surfaces
o Properly label, organize and maintain food items to health code expectations
• Follow the kitchen closing detail list when “closing team member” is part of your scheduled shift