Position Summary: The LANDSCAPE TEAM MEMBER Performs maintenance and installation work by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.
- The LANDSCAPE TEAM MEMBER assists in loading equipment for daily jobs.
- Works safely and watches out for the safety of others.
- Notifies Crew Foreman of any broken or unsafe equipment.
- Assists in the distribution of granulated fertilizers and grass seeds on lawns.
- Mows, completes leaf removal, trimming, edging and mulching.
- Operates equipment such as blowers, weed-eaters, trimmers, and mowers.
- Plants trees and shrubs.
- Waters plants, trees and shrubs.
- Does light grading with hand tools.
- Notifies Crew Foreman of any property damage if it occurs.
- Notifies Crew Foreman of any turf/plant diseases on job sites.
- Notifies Crew Foreman of any dead turf/plant material on job sites.
- Notifies Crew Foreman of any quality deficiencies on job sites.
- Performs snow removal activities where applicable.
- Responsible for other various duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position Qualifications/Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: None required.
- Mathematical Skills: None required.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. On occasion, the employee may lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions (extreme heat and cold). The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The Budd Group strives to be a God-honoring company of excellence that safely delivers facility-related services to meet our customers' needs, offers development opportunities for our employees, provides growing value for our shareholders and contributes to our community.
The Budd Group is a family-owned and operated facilities services company with corporate headquarters in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and Regional offices in Raleigh-Durham, Greensboro, and Charlotte, North Carolina; Greenville and Charleston, South Carolina; Orlando, Florida; and Blacksburg, VA.
With more than 4,800 highly trained service associates, we provide integrated facility services to our customers that include, but are not limited to, the following:
Our janitorial division operates under the principles of the ISSA Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS), which ensures a purposeful, efficient, customer-focused execution of services. We also offer comprehensive green cleaning services under the guidelines of the United States Green Building Council (USGBC).
To consistently deliver professional, high-quality landscaping services, our landscaping division operates under the business guidelines established by NC, SC, and FL. Additionally, we offer comprehensive green landscaping solutions to help our clients become better corporate stewards of the environment.
The Budd Group maintenance services provide a wide range of repair services for commercial properties to include preventative maintenance. We provide our services through a group of trained staff such as electricians, plumbers, carpenters, painters, who help ensure continuous system operations, maximize operational efficiencies and control capital expense.
From janitorial and maintenance services to landscaping, project management and mailroom services, The Budd Group offers the convenience and accountability of a single service provider, combined with the breadth of expertise necessary to tailor integrated facilities services plans to meet the specific needs of any organization.