Job Title: Janitorial Day Porter
Reports To: Site Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
SUMMARY This is a full time position that works daytime hours. This job keeps premises of office building, or other commercial or institutional building in clean, safe and orderly condition by performing the essential duties and responsibilities. Also, includes responding to customer specific needs and request in a timely fashion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include any or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cleans offices, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
- Sweeps, mops, vacuums and/or refinishes floors.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies, water fountains.
- Washes walls, ceilings, vents and woodwork, windows, blinds, door panels, ledges and sills.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Assists in the completion of the workload in the absence of other employees.
- Assists in providing project cleaning of buildings which includes lifting and removing furniture from rooms, refinishing hard surface floors, shampooing carpets, cleaning blinds, light fixtures/shields, washing walls, windows, doors and furniture.
- Operates various types of equipment and machinery, which include wet vacuums, hand trucks, vacuum cleaners, carpet extractors, floor buffers, automatic scrubbers, etc.
- Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Sets up tables and chairs in auditorium or conference room.
- Replenishes paper and soap products in bathrooms, cleans mirrors, walls, showers, sinks, metal work and toilets.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Reports any malfunctions and maintenance problems to the supervisor. Discusses work problems and/or schedule problems with supervisor and/or management.
- Provides assistance with any outside cleaning chores, which may include sweeping sidewalks, and picking up trash.
- May be required to lock and/or unlock doors at the appropriate times daily.
- Attends training meetings and sessions as directed.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The Budd Group strives to be a God-honoring company of excellence that safely delivers facility-related services to meet our customers' needs, offers development opportunities for our employees, provides growing value for our shareholders and contributes to our community.
The Budd Group is a family-owned and operated facilities services company with corporate headquarters in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and Regional offices in Raleigh-Durham, Greensboro, and Charlotte, North Carolina; Greenville and Charleston, South Carolina; Orlando, Florida; and Blacksburg, VA.
With more than 4,800 highly trained service associates, we provide integrated facility services to our customers that include, but are not limited to, the following:
Our janitorial division operates under the principles of the ISSA Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS), which ensures a purposeful, efficient, customer-focused execution of services. We also offer comprehensive green cleaning services under the guidelines of the United States Green Building Council (USGBC).
To consistently deliver professional, high-quality landscaping services, our landscaping division operates under the business guidelines established by NC, SC, and FL. Additionally, we offer comprehensive green landscaping solutions to help our clients become better corporate stewards of the environment.
The Budd Group maintenance services provide a wide range of repair services for commercial properties to include preventative maintenance. We provide our services through a group of trained staff such as electricians, plumbers, carpenters, painters, who help ensure continuous system operations, maximize operational efficiencies and control capital expense.
From janitorial and maintenance services to landscaping, project management and mailroom services, The Budd Group offers the convenience and accountability of a single service provider, combined with the breadth of expertise necessary to tailor integrated facilities services plans to meet the specific needs of any organization.