The one-of-a-kind Omni Viking Lakes Hotel in the Minneapolis area is already under construction and is expected to open in late 2020. A substantial part of the 200-acre Viking Lakes mixed-use development, the destination is home to the Minnesota Vikings headquarters, Twin Cities Orthopedics Performance Center and TCO Stadium. The location is easily accessible from downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul, the Mall of America and airport, with additional uses for the planned development to include corporate offices, retail, restaurants and entertainment.
The 320-room luxury hotel will feature more than 35,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and pre-function space, including a 7,500-square-foot ballroom, a 4,410-square-foot event center and six two-story hospitality lounges for groups and meeting planners to utilize. From small board meetings, conferences and large galas or special events to Sunday football tailgates and more, the Omni Viking Lakes Hotel will accommodate groups of all sizes with its robust meetings offerings, multiple food and beverage venues, a signature spa and state-of-the-art fitness facilities.
The Omni Viking Lakes Hotel is seeking a Market Research Coordinator / Sales Administrative Assistant. As a member of the pre-opening team, this critical role has two key components.
The first responsibility is to manage all sales data, controls, leads, and reports by following all procedures to ensure compliance from sales managers when working with all systems, including Delphi.fdc, third-party integrated and non-integrated lead providers, and other internal platforms.
The second responsibility is to a ccurately complete a variety of administrative duties requested by colleagues within the Sales and Marketing Division s in order to provide timely and professional service to our guests.
- Maintain the Group Rooms Control Log (GRC) and FDC database
- Daily logging and distribution of all incoming leads
- Generate the Weekly and End of Month Sales Reports
- Prepare and distribute monthly production forecast
- Enter pick-up on a daily or weekly basis
- Research, distribute, and log all leads from Global Sales Offices, telephone and other sources
- Give group histories to other hotels, and obtain them on behalf of the hotel as needed
- Must have or be able to rapidly develop full knowledge of the Omni Sales Administration Manual and ensure that all standards and procedures are followed
- Aid the Director of Sales and Marketing and Director of Sales in monitoring the KRA benchmarks
- Responsible to maintain monthly recap with reservations to insure GRC blocks are the same as Reservation blocks
- Expert with Salesforce Report Builder and Excel
- Assist in 90-day forecasting process
- Attend Weekly Support Staff Meetings & monthly MRC calls
- Schedules and prioritizes work load to meet deadlines of all managers
- Types and distributes all correspondence, including letters, emails, proposals, contracts, etc. for assigned managers. Ensures that all correspondence is 100% accurate
- Maintains account files and ensures that all information is included in file, i.e. post-convention reports, letters, fax information, etc
- Professionally answers calls to the sales office and accurately takes messages, as applicable
- Ensures that all managers receive messages in a timely manner
- Enters group information (sites, resumes) into computer database
- Assists in generating proposals with information accurate and specific to each client
- Assists with site inspections
- G-Leads Property Champion: Participates in bi-monthly call. Champions the ongoing promotion of the program focusing on training new and existing associates. Ensures all reporting is fulfilled on a monthly basis.
- Creates and updates documents and spreadsheets for GM and DOSM, as needed.
- Gathers materials and mails packages to clients as necessary
- Takes detailed inquiry leads and submits to appropriate manager
- Inputs amenities into computer for VIP clients and processes paperwork (amenity card, receipt signature from Room Service.)
- Takes minutes at meetings as directed
- Maintains cleanliness of office and showrooms while in pre-opening phases
- Arranges for outside catering for office site inspections as needed
- Orders office supplies and maintains functionality of office equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Publisher, Outlook, and Excel is required
- Previous knowledge of Delphi, Opera and Synergy is preferred
- Must have good organizational skills, attention to detail and be able to multi-task
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Previous hospitality or administrative experience is required
- Previous experience working in an upscale hotel is preferred
- Experience in a sales environment is strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
Environment & Position Analysis
- Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 40 pounds without assistance. Stand, walk or sit for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for an extended period or for an entire shift .
Tools & Equipment
- Desktop computer (Opera, Delphi.fdc, Salesforce, Meeting Broker, Oracle, Birchstreet, Kronos and Microsoft Office), printer, telephone, copier, fax machine and scanner.