The one-of-a-kind Omni Viking Lakes Hotel in the Minneapolis area is already under construction and is expected to open in late 2020. A substantial part of the 200-acre Viking Lakes mixed-use development, the destination is home to the Minnesota Vikings headquarters, Twin Cities Orthopedics Performance Center and TCO Stadium. The location is easily accessible from downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul, the Mall of America and airport, with additional uses for the planned development to include corporate offices, retail, restaurants and entertainment.
The 320-room luxury hotel will feature more than 35,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and pre-function space, including a 7,500-square-foot ballroom, a 4,410-square-foot event center and six two-story hospitality lounges for groups and meeting planners to utilize. From small board meetings, conferences and large galas or special events to Sunday football tailgates and more, the Omni Viking Lakes Hotel will accommodate groups of all sizes with its robust meetings offerings, multiple food and beverage venues, a signature spa and state-of-the-art fitness facilities.
This position functions as the primary, strategic business leader of the Omni Viking Lakes Hotel, responsible for all aspects of the operation. Responsibilities include guest and associate satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment to ownership. Leads a team in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies. Ensures implementation of brand service strategy and initiatives, with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations. In addition, the General Manager builds relationships with key customers through personal involvement in the sales process. The position ensures Omni Hotels & Resorts sales channels are leveraged and initiates independent and proactive sales activities, when appropriate, to generate demand.
- Identifies leadership and fosters career development.
• Inspires and motivates team to achieve operational excellence.
• Creates a cohesive leadership team and positive business environment that consistently delivers results
• Develops deployment strategies to market property in order to continue to grow market share.
• Supports the sales strategy by encouraging effective revenue management practices.
• Reviews the STAR report, competitive shopping reports and using other resources to maintain an awareness of the property's market position.
• Identifies key drivers of business success.
• Reviews sales goals and strategies to ensure alignment with positioning and pricing
• Ensures sales and revenue engines are leveraged to drive RevPAR improvement year over year.
• Ensures capital expenditure funds are being budgeted and deployed effectively and within program.
• Holds staff accountable for successful performance in a positive manner.
• Utilizes an "open door" policy.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding property goals to produce desired results.
• Fosters associate engagement to providing excellent service.
• Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Hires executive committee team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Works collaboratively with various Homeowners Associations and Global Sales Offices to build and nurture strong relationships to aid the business objectives of the resort
• Provides strategic direction and direct support to ensure the success of the group sales team.
• Participates in daily Operations meetings to ensure strong and sustained interdepartmental communications, problem resolution and guest satisfaction
• Participates directly in risk management issues and prevention including legal and workers compensation
• Ensures accurate revenue, expense and labor forecasts and execution
• Creates appropriate development plans based on individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations and abilities
- 10 years minimum experience as a General Manager in an upscale environment.
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent communications skills
• Able to motivate team to provide best in class customer service
• 10+ years of P&L responsibilities