What You'll Do
As part of the Cisco High Touch Expert Care organization, you will be part of a dynamic, fast paced and supportive team that will build you up as you manage the technical support for some of Cisco's biggest customers.
Who You'll Work With
You will be given the opportunity to work alongside many of Cisco's Technical Service organizations and will receive unique insight into the IT services industry all the way from pre-sales to day 2 support as an engineer focused on some of Cisco's key customers.
Who You Are
The function of a High Touch Engineer (H.T.E.) helps customers maximize network availability and functionality to achieve their business goals. The HTE delivers the technologies, solutions and services customers in need, to expertly manage their networks. In this role, you will be "Cisco's face to the customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments.
Core Tasks, Activities and Responsibilities
· Be the focal point for customer, and first escalation resource for CSE on reactive technical issues on assigned engagement(s).
· Participates in weekly SR review calls organized by HTOM.
· Troubleshoots, collaborates and follows up with TAC/HTTS CSEs to ensure timely resolution on service requests.
· Shares knowledge with customer related to troubleshooting (teach how to fish).
· Be the conduit between customer and other Cisco entities (TAC/HTTS, BU, DE, NCE, Escalation etc) and work hand in hand with them for faster issue resolution.
· Leads RCA effort, and as well as documentation & and presentation of the same to customer
· Drive recreates in CALO lab.
· Covers maintenance windows or any other pre-planned off-hours network activity.
· Provides technical, product and protocol level trainings to customer and HTTS teams as needs arise.
· Develops business relationships internally and externally to achieve mutually beneficial business outcomes. Example: attend account planning sessions, EBCs, etc.
· Influences others.
· Shares knowledge internally via Techzone.
· Participates on escalation aliases/mailers where applicable.
· Supports change, and adapt quickly to maintain and enhance effectiveness.
· Must work hand in hand with NCE/SIA, and CSEs/SDEs on the assigned customer account(s).
· Helps out new hires in ramp-up process, making sure they have access to accounts and tools that HTEs use.
· Provides technical assistance to less experienced engineers in their escalated cases.
· Share troubleshooting guidelines.
· Mentors other HTEs on case note standards (Problem Description, Status/Next Steps, etc).
Technical Knowledge and Problem Solving
· Strong understanding of Routing and Switching protocols and technologies.
· Strong Internetworking troubleshooting experience.
· Ability to leverage and involve right technical resource when need be.
· Ability to identify customer issues to software defects (existing or new) if applicable, and assist DE (for instance, by recreating issue in a test bed) in the CDETS resolution process.
· Should have good understanding of HTEC/TSA and be able to articulate the same.
· Well verse in all routing and switching technologies and as well as relevant platforms found in SP environment like ASR9K, NCS6K, Nexus product line, etc.
· Solves highly complex issues that cross multiple technologies.
· Identifies technical trends and provides technical recommendations as appropriate.
· Can apply good analytic methodology to any issue to help reach resolution.
· Should be excellent in presentation skills.
· Should exhibit exemplary drive, ownership and technical leadership to take customer issues to timely resolution, highlighting HTEC/TSA value proposition.
· Positively influences Services (specially HTEC) renewal by showcasing achievements of business outcomes and value.
· BS in Engineering, Telecommunication, or Computer Software preferred.
· TAC/HTTS background required for solid troubleshooting experience. Equivalent outside exposure acceptable.
· Good knowledge of Python programming.
· 5-7 years of internetworking experience required.
· CCIE highly preferred.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.