Who you’ll work with
Cisco Capital is a subsidiary of Cisco Systems Inc. Our purpose is to develop and provide flexible financing solutions for Cisco's customers and partners. Our objective is to deliver financing solutions that align our customers' business goals with their technology needs, helping our customers with productivity, profitability, and efficiencies when acquiring, deploying, and refreshing Cisco technologies. Our aim is to build strategic, long-term relationships with our customers enabling them to transform their business aligned with Cisco's goals and visions for the future.
Within Cisco Capital you will work within the team responsible for the Financial Operations functions of Cisco Capital. Since all of the functional areas impact the clearing accounts you will have the opportunity to learn the business from the beginning to the end.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a member of the RTP-based Cisco Capital Clearing Account team, you will be responsible for ensuring that suspense and clearing accounts are reconciled and cleared with a focus on terminated contracts. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in operational accounting and problem resolution. In addition, you will assist in reviewing processes to ensure they are effective and efficient and meet internal control requirements. You will be empowered to make a difference, establish a reputation, and position yourself for continued growth.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Apply lease accounting concepts to the analysis and clearing of terminated and expired contracts, including preparation and processing of journal entries in the Oracle Lease & Financial Management (OLFM) system
* Analyze and understand complex lease accounting transactions
* Work cross-functionally with other Capital Operations teams to ensure timely clearance of all transactions using proper internal accounting treatment
* Work with business partners to affect change as required
* Use Business Objects reports and SQL queries to monitor clearing accounts and contract balances to prevent aging of outstanding amounts
* Assist with completing process documentation as necessary to ensure consistent execution of day-to-day activities for employees and new hires.
* Perform SOX controls and respond to inquiries from internal & external auditors.
* Participate in the monthly OLFM close.
Who you are
You possess strong operational accounting, reconciliation, teamwork and communication skills and are eager to learn. You have a desire to grow and gain a deep understanding of contract-level lease accounting as well as the connection between operational activities and the resulting accounting transactions. You are a self-starter with strong attention to detail.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
* You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 2+ years of experience, or equivalent experience, preferably in the leasing or financial services industry
* Strong operational accounting and reconciliation skills
* High level of initiative and confidence
* You have the ability to communicate effectively with strong interpersonal skills and work with cross-functional teams
* You have proficient computer skills including MS Office suite
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.