**Type of Requisition:** Regular
**Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:** None
**Public Trust/Other Required:** BI Full 6C (T4)
**Job Family:** Help Desk
GDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), GDIT provides enterprise IT services for DHS’s biometric identity management system (IDENT) and the Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM) to store, match, share, and analyze biometric and biographic data in support of DHS’s strategic mission. GDIT’s O&M services support break-fix of current OBIM functional capabilities, as well as security remediation activities and developmental engineering (such as prototyping new code or configurations of OBIM functionality). At the most critical moments of change, we’re there - bringing the resources, solutions, and expertise to help our clients take on some of the world’s biggest challenges - and GDIT is excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join a best performing O&M team supporting one our nation’s most critical national security, law enforcement, immigration and border management, and intelligence missions.
GDIT seeks a Help Desk Technical Support Specialist with proven experience in Tier 2 Service Desk support and working knowledge of research using various databases. You will report directly to the Service Desk manager. This is an alternate first shift position on a Sunday through Thursday, 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM (ET) schedule. As a member of the OBIM Service Desk team, you will directly support our mission to provide timely, accurate, and customer-focused support in resolving biometric inconsistencies in various support platforms and as reported by our client. You will be at the forefront of ever-changing support requirements assisting both civilian- and government-oriented agencies and missions that impact biometric systems and services. This position may require the ability to work outside normal business hours and support alternate shift schedules. If you possess the core skills, this is an excellent opportunity to develop or enhance your biometric management skills, in addition to developing a career path for new opportunities. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Create, analyze, and resolve Tier 2 biometric incidents submitted by our customers
• Ticket creation and documentation using ServiceNow
• Respond to customer requests via email and/or telephone answering system
• Liaise with the government client on biometric issues
• Assist on technical bridges for biometric service and system outages
• Evaluate changes in biometric methodology and created supporting knowledge articles
To qualify, you must have these minimum skills/experience:
• U.S. Citizenship
• DHS HQ EOD required to start; must be able to obtain DHS HQ Final Suitability
• High School diploma/GED with 8-years of related experience, or Associate's degree with 6-years of experience, or Bachelor's degree with 4-years of experience
• Strong knowledge of ServiceNow or other ITSM ticketing systems, beyond the basic ticket creation level
• Applied research expertise on multiple complex work assignments, broad in nature and requiring originality and innovation
• AA/AS (or equivalent experience) and 5+ years of experience
• Post-secondary degree in computer engineering, computer science, information systems, or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
• Experience with Tier 2 Service Desk support
• Strong biometric research techniques and methodologies
• Experience researching and creating detailed knowledge articles for team use and resolution of customer requirements
• Ability to apply complex research skills to resolve customer issues
• Strong skills to facilitate and document a technical bridge as expediently as possible
• Strong leadership and client relation skills
• Ability to manage time; work on a team or independently
• Knowledge of Active Call Directory functions and software tools
• Certification: ITIL Foundations v3 or v4
This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 or the start date, if after January 18. Individuals who work in or reside in Texas or Montana or work outside of the United States may be excluded from this requirement.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.