The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Sr. Collections analyst is responsible for timely collection of all debts for a specified customer portfolio in our building automations business (HBS). This includes debts where a deeper understanding or our offerings is needed as HBS is engaged in the construction industry, offering tailor made services and solutions.
Experience working with companies in the construction industry is preferred
· daily follow up of past due accounts receivables transactions with our customers by telephone or mail in accordance with our established collection procedures.
· Leading the dispute resolution process with our customer and other external involved parties like planning- and architect's offices and internal stakeholders like project managers, finance leaders, field service leaders, contract managers, sales representatives and our CX / customer service departments.
· Regular participation in recurring cash calls in order to discuss past due debts with our district management team.
· Work closely with the Supervisors and provide back up in their absence
· Be a delegate to guide the team and identify training gaps and be a mentor to the team
· daily examination of customers where sales orders have run on block due to exceeded credit limits or other credit specific parameters.
· evaluation of credit limits on new and existing customers, examination of relevant available credit reports and key financial parameters
Active participation in continuous improvement projects
The Collections Analyst actively takes part in continuous improvement projects (like Six Sigma or HOS) in order to support further improved credit and collection and back office/administrational processes. This includes regular usage of the Kaizen and rapid problem-solving methodology. The credit controller should also regularly contribute new ideas and proposals which could help further improving (cross) functional processes
YOU MUST HAVE
· High School Diploma
· 5 years of experience in finance, accounting or managing external customer relationships
· 5 years of experience using Microsoft Excel and Word
· Understanding of, or the willingness to learn, financial accounting basics
· Experience working with companies in the construction industry
· Excellent communication skills both internally across distances and externally with customers
· Assertive and Conscientious
· Effective oral and written communication skills and strong negotiating skills
· Ability to work in a complex business structure and apply judgment in problem solving
· Ability to ask probing questions to obtain necessary information
· Ability to communicate effectively over distances and develop strong partnership/team building relationships
· Time management, organization, prioritization skills and proven record of meeting deadlines
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.