We Are Hiring
Dir-Quality & Patient Safety - Total Quality Management - Full-Time, Day - Ascension Providence Hospital,Southfield and Novi Campus'
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension-MI, you will have the opportunity to direct quality and patient safety activities and resources.
- Develops and implements systems, policies and procedures for the identification, collection and analysis of quality, risk and/or patient safety information. Collects, evaluates, and maintains data concerning injuries, complaints, claims, and/or other patient safety-related data.
- Educates and trains the leadership, staff and physicians as to the quality and patient safety program and their respective responsibilities in carrying out the program. Advises departments on designing quality improvement and patient safety initiatives, policies and protocols within their own departments.
- Investigates and analyzes root causes, patterns and trends that could result in compensatory or sentinel events, serious adverse events and near misses. Assists with identification and implementation of corrective action where appropriate.
- Reports all adverse events to appropriate regulatory and accrediting agencies as required. Works with legal counsel to coordinate the investigation, processing, and defense of claims against the organization.
- Enhances the organization's and the larger healthcare community's knowledge of quality improvement and safety best practices through literature review, interaction with internal & external resources, and knowledge of evolving relevant regulatory requirements.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Quality Professional.
- Risk Management.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred
- 5 years of experience required. 10 years of experience preferred. 2 years of leadership or management experience required. 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michiganis an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michiganprovides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michiganparticipates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)