United States of America - Colorado, Denver
The **AECOM** Colorado based Buildings + Places practice is looking for a creative and experienced Senor Architect/Project Manager to be based in either Denver, CO or Colorado Springs, CO. This person will help service clients in various markets from Federal, Civic/Municipal, Higher Education, and Transportation. They will be critical to team and project leadership and mentorship of junior design staff.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy, and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
* Named one of Fortune magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
* Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record’s 2020 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
* Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record’s 2020 “Top 500 Design Firms”
* VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
**About Buildings + Places**
AECOM’s Buildings + Places practice includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture in a dynamic, interactive, and creative work environment.
With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, we create better outcomes to grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable and connect and engage people through innovative, sustainable design solutions.
Our teams have worked on signature projects such as the London 2012 Olympic Park and Legacy Framework, to the new plan for the LA2028 Olympics, to industrial facilities for GE and Rolls-Royce, to headquarters and workplaces for NASA, Unilever, Sony Music, DirecTV, Box, Inc. and many Fortune 500 companies.
As a Senior Project Architect with recognized technical expertise and experience in demanding, design driven projects, you will lead interdisciplinary teams. Leveraging your industry experience and technical acumen, you will drive a wide range of project types and sizes through all phases of design, documentation, and construction.
You are a team leader and will have the opportunity to lead not only from a project perspective, but from a practice and culture standpoint. The right person will be an integral part of our architecture practice in the region.
What you will do:
* In partnership with the Project Director and/or Project Manager, you will lead a team, or multiple teams, in the design and technical documentation and delivery of a wide range of projects
* Prepare design and contract drawings using advanced design software tools
* Prepare alternative design solutions, contract documents, and specifications
* Develop solutions to a wide range of difficult technical problems
* Oversee the work of more junior designers and architects
* Manage client, team, and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape, and civil consultants
* Support communication between project team, clients, vendors, contractors, consultants, and building and permitting officials
* Bachelor’s degree in Architecture plus a minimum of six (6) years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
* Licensed Architect
* Driver’s License
* Due to the nature of this work, US Citizenship is required
* Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (BArch) or Bachelor of Science in Architecture + Master’s degree in Architecture with 12+ years of relevant experience in design, rendering and resolving technical issues or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
* Revit and BIM as well as experience in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, InDesign, and software such as Rhino, SketchUp, Enscape or other visualization tools.
* Working knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction, and building structures
* Affinity with developing details and experience in construction documents
* Ability to lead integrated design teams of varying sizes to accomplish project delivery from concept through construction document completion and may perform construction administration
* Experience in construction documents
* DoD and Federal Civilian experience
* Laboratory, research, or advanced manufacturing experience
* Ability to be client facing and lead client discussions and charrettes
* Proficiency with UFCs and other federal criteria
* NCARB Certified
* Strategic and critical thinking
* Sponsorship is not available for this position
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Architecture and Design
**Business Line** B&P - Buildings & Places
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 251459BR
**Additional Locations** US - Colorado Springs, CO - 2315 Briargate Parkway
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.