AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
About the Role
* This position is located in Denver or Salt Lake City
* The mission is to generate net-new business & expansion of current install bases with accounts consisting of State & Local Government and Higher Education within an assigned territory
* Own the entire sales process from prospecting to close
* Successful reps are scheduling & leading 8-10 meetings per week with at least 25 net new business meetings per quarter
* Travel is expected (25-50%) depending on where you’re located in relation to the assigned territory
* Work closely with sales engineering teams to discover business objectives and use cases for each prospect, then build a strategy to demonstrate the value AppDynamics can provide
* Collaborate with customers, prospects, channel partners, ecosystem partners, and Cisco account teams to clearly define current challenges related to achieving a customer’s business objectives
* Fast-growing team with various opportunities for career growth
* Uncapped accelerators with strong earnings potential
* Has a track record of exceeding their annual quota AND being a top 10% performer
* Has 5-10 years of quota-carrying selling experience with software or unbudgeted products
* Has been successful at developing and growing relationships with large organizations’ C-level executives and are able to articulate benefits gained in a clear and precise manner
* Has demonstrated success with value-based selling strategies
* Has experience embracing complex deals, can discover a path to revenue, and can think creatively to get a deal closed
* Has had experience with government contract vehicles and knows how to navigate complex procurement processes to get deals done
* Has experience uncovering a customer’s procurement process, identifying potential hurdles, and accurately forecasting the business
* Has experience leading and documenting account, opportunity, and activity details within Salesforce CRM
* Has experience leveraging multiple revenue channels including value-added resellers, distributors, and/or system integrators
Wondering if this is for you?
* The phrases "net new business" & "pipeline generation" make you excited and motivated to start breaking into accounts
* If you seek mentorship and have a natural curiosity to continue learning and improving your art of selling
* If you have been a top performer and are motivated to work hard and grow your career at AppDynamics
* If you are passionate about the technology industry
* If seeing your company name as a leader in Magic Quadrant makes you want to represent AppDynamics and help take us to the next level
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
* Medical, dental, vision coverage
* 401k match (4.5%)
* Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
* 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
* Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an  equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all  applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in  E-Verify.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.