WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
3rd Shift Production Supervisor - Denver, CO
5050 East 50th Ave
Denver, Colorado, 80216
At WestRock, we provide packaging solutions designed to give our customers a winning edge in the global marketplace. We partner closely with them to deliver the best value on everything from paperboard used for a wide variety of packaging and shipping containers to specialty packages, boxes and displays. We consider ourselves to be part of their team - as we strive for continuous improvement together. Every day, our 50,000 team members combine practical innovations and rigorous execution in more than 320 operating and business facilities across North America, South America, Europe and Asia-Pacific to deliver products and services that answer unique local needs.
3 rd Shift Production Supervisor - Denver, CO
Join WestRock as a Production Supervisor with very competitive pay and benefits, with opportunities to advance and learn alongside accomplished leaders in the Corrugated Packaging industry. As a Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operations of converting production in the facility. In this role you will communicate performance expectations to shift workers, ensure production targets and metrics are met to achieve production demands, supervise machine productivity and quality, and manage personnel daily. You will work in a collaborative work environment and coordinate production operations and maintain effective quality procedures and safety regulations.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Monitor workplace frequently to identify any unsafe or unhealthful conditions
- Ensure all company safety policies and safe work practices are followed to ensure safety of self and others
- Supervise daily production activities, including oversight of team members, and monitor performance levels of each team member
- Monitor and participate in Daily Management Systems (DMS) to track progress against production goals and enable performance excellence
- Report all overruns, shortages, equipment breakdowns and tooling issues on the daily shift report to exchange information with all departments in the plant
- Oversee production demands and machine workloads throughout the day
- Sustain productivity levels by properly staffing line production and equipment to meet customer demands and align any last-minute scheduling changes
- Manage workforce planning, including fulfillment of work schedules and adherence to attendance policies (vacations, floating days, call ins, etc.)
What you need to succeed:
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- 3 to 5 years of manufacturing experience and working in a production environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel and Word
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing processes, procedures, and machinery
- Ability to be an on-shift resource for troubleshooting problems in the process as well as maintenance issues
- Ability to make independent, effective decisions
- Possess ability to be a self-directed team player
- Ability to problem solve and analyze line operations
- Proven successful track record in managing, motivating and building teams
- Continuous Improvement, Lean Six Sigma highly desired
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans