The Omni Dallas Hotel, in the center of the revitalized downtown Dallas, is connected via sky bridge to the Dallas Convention Center and close to restaurants, shops, entertainment and more! The Omni Dallas Hotel is built to meet the U.S. Green Building Council LEED Gold Certification standards, placing it on the forefront of environmental awareness and conservation in the city.
The Omni Dallas Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Dallas Hotel may be your perfect match.
This position ensures that all hotel guest, associates and hotel property are maintained in a safe and secure environment.
- Patrol hotel property to ensure the safety of guests and employees and to protect all hotel assets.
- Answer house calls to assist both guests and associates with respect to safety, security and hotel operations.
- Initiate and follow-up with all investigations of crimes committed against property and persons.
- Assist sick/injured guests or associates ensuring all documentation, reporting and witness statements have been completed within a timely manner.
- Initiate investigations, write incident and accident reports, monitor investigations to their timely conclusion and ensure appropriate follow-up with guests, visitors and employees, documenting all contacts.
- Maintain accurate records while performing basic duties including, but not limited to, camera monitoring, shift activity log, codebook and employee/guest interactions.
- Monitor/distribute visitor and vender access to the property by distributing visitor badges.
- Perform frequent bag checks for associates leaving the property.
- Escort and interact with special guests that need privacy when entering/exiting the hotel through heart of the house areas.
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive guest or associate issues.
- Assist supervisor or director in checking alarm systems, safety and fire alarm systems and closely monitoring security of building doors, service areas, delivery areas and grounds.
- Assist hotel management in emergency situations by knowing all hotel safety procedures and leading/directing guests and associates to safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good writing and report taking skill required.
- Prior security experience preferred, preferably in a hotel environment.
- Must be able to multi-task and make appropriate decisions in difficult situations.
- Must be able to walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be flexible to work all shifts, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be customer-service orientated, and have excellent hospitality skills.
- TABC card required upon hire.
- CPR/AED/First Aid certification required upon hire.
- Must reside within 50 miles of the hotel.
- Valid Texas driver's license and an excellent driving record strongly preferred.