Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Hotels is known for its exemplary culture, authenticity to the markets in which we operate, innovation and exceptional service. Our commitment to career development has created tenure and loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our family atmosphere.
Outstanding opportunity to help drive the growth of Omni Hotels & Resorts through ensuring the on-time and on-budget delivery of new luxury hotels, renovations and re-imaginations. This person will work with the Vice President, Construction & Development to lead the team responsible for all construction and refurbishment projects. The Director of Project Management responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all areas of project management such as Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Technical Direction, Quality Management and Safety Management.
• Work with Project Managers and Senior Project managers to contract and manage the design and construction for all projects
• Manage cross-functional project management teams to oversee projects from inception through delivery
• Work closely with other departments, including Operations, Sales & Marketing, Interior Design and Development to ensure strong coordination among these groups working toward planning delivery on-time and on-budget
• Communicate and report the status of all projects to VP of Construction & Development and operations.
• Ensure proper project documents are completed on a timely basis
• Work with Accounting in regarding to Project Accounting functions, including managing the budget, tracking expenses and minimizing exposure and risk
• Ensure that all projects are hitting turnover schedules and milestones communicated with our operations team.
• Ensure that all projects are on or under budget. Required to alert management of potential budget issues as early as possible and work with management on possible value engineering options.
• Work with Project Managers to train them on how to look for quality issues and developing with the Project Managers a thorough punch process with the GC and operations team.
• Bachelor's degree required
• General Contractor experience or Owner Representative experience as a Project Manager is required.
• 10 to 15 years of relevant experience with demonstrated success, career advancement and the ability to lead a team
• Luxury hotel or full service related experience preferred
• Proven ability to effectively interface with senior management, owners and partners, city officials and various contractors and consultants
• Must be able to use Microsoft Project scheduling software or equivalent
• Ability to travel 40-50%
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.