Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Hotels is known for its exemplary culture, authenticity to the markets in which we operate, innovation and exceptional service. Our commitment to career development has created tenure and loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our family atmosphere.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is hiring a Corporate Human Resources Intern for the fall term. As an intern within the Human Resources department at the Omni Hotels & Resorts Corporate Office, you will report to the Vice President of Human Resources and receive training in data analysis, associate recruitment, selection, development programs, associate relations, and compensation. The maximum duration of your internship is four (4) months. The ideal candidate for this position has completed or is in pursuit of their bachelor's degree in Human Resources.
- Understand company policies and procedures in order to assist with questions from the hotels.
- Update Human Resources Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as directed by the Vice President of Human Resources
- Assist with maintaining associate files and records
- Assist with the planning and execution of monthly associate events for the Corporate Office
- Maintain monthly human resources scorecards for each property, by updating turnover, internal audit scores, development program tracking, worker's compensation, internal promotions, and more.
- Assist the Vice President of Human Resources with tracking and auditing associate Paid Time Off for the Corporate Office
- Track company participation for the corporate social responsibility initiative, Say Goodnight to Hung
- Track associate donations to internal company foundation, Omni Circle
- Conduct interviews and reference checks for corporate entry-level positions with guidance from the Recruitment Manager
- Assist the Talent Development Manager with recruitment of candidates for the company's development programs
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Vice President of Human Resources and Chief Human Resources Officer
- Assist Party Planning Committee in coordinating holidays events
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality, Human Resources, or Business Administration
- Previous human resources and/or recruiting experience is preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications with strong Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail required
- Excellent communicator with strong written, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Team player who is also able to work well independently
- Analytical thinker with strong problem solving and organizational skills