Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Hotels is known for its exemplary culture, authenticity to the markets in which we operate, innovation and exceptional service. Our commitment to career development has created tenure and loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our family atmosphere.
Be a key part of the corporate Rooms Division team driving operational excellence for Omni Hotels & Resorts - a luxury hotel brand known for its award-winning service and vibrant culture. The Corporate Director of Rooms supports a portfolio of properties across all aspects of the Rooms Division standards and training to ensure the company delivers memorable experiences for our guests. This position requires a deep knowledge and passion for hotel operations, excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects.
• Create, develop and implement front office, guest services, housekeeping and loyalty standard operating procedures and brand standards, including management of the Brand Standards tracking system
• Analyze and provide feedback to hotels regarding Rooms Division financials, Medallia trends, online reputational management, Synergy usage and other BOH/FOH tools
• Analyze internal operations data and monitor industry trends to help refine guest offerings and standards
• Facilitate ongoing training, including Moments of Service, Select Guest/GHA Discovery, Medallia, Power of Engagement and ALICE
• Build effective teams by overseeing hotel Task Force needs, including hotel openings, hotel acquisitions, special events and open positions
• Conduct property visits to review and improve Rooms Division execution of standard operating procedures and brand standards
• Facilitate communication between operations, food & beverage, IT, procurement, sales & marketing and other departments to ensure clear and concise directives are properly conveyed and executable
• Engage in ongoing development of rooms division managers and Leaders in Development, including participation in identifying internal candidates for open Rooms Division positions as well as succession planning and career path discussions
• Assist on other Rooms Division projects as needed
• Five to seven years in luxury hotel operations, including a minimum of two years in a managerial role; experience in housekeeping, front office and related roles required
• Bachelors degree preferred in hospitality, business or related field
• Extensive knowledge of operations standards, Opera property management systems (OPMS), Opera reservations system (ORS), Medallia, Synergy and ALICE, etc.
• Previous Director of Rooms experience strongly preferred
• Thorough understanding of Omni culture and key service components
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
• Effective listening, verbal and written communications
• Able to work extended hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays
• Travel expected approximately 75% of time