Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Hotels is known for its exemplary culture, authenticity to the markets in which we operate, innovation and exceptional service. Our commitment to career development has created tenure and loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our family atmosphere.
Amazing opportunity to be a "cultural warrior" in a company where culture is protected at all costs. This role presents a growth opportunity for a high potential Human Resources generalist with a passion for people, strong technical expertise and a servant leadership philosophy. As owner/operators, this position is uniquely suited to career development and unwavering Core Values.
• Provide guidance and counsel to Area Human Resource Directors
• Ensure compliance for general labor law and immigration issues, including OFCCP, DOL, EE01 and VETS 100
• Ensure development, communication and compliance with HR SOPs
• Serve as first point of contact for EEOC charge responses and other litigation, serving as liaison with TRT Holdings counsel or outside counsel as required
• Develop and Implement audit strategy for HR SOPs, legal compliance and union contracts as necessary
• Address and resolve employee relations issues through the integrity hotline or escalation through area human resources
• Advice and counsel HR leaders regarding associate relations and investigations
• Facilitate field Improvement plans and termination recommendations at department head and Executive Committee level prior to presentation to senior management
• Maintain a vital and engaging presence on the company internal communications platform; work in partnership with corporate communications to ensure region hotels are well represented
• Create and maintain a community involvement strategy that enable associates to give back in a productive way under the umbrella of "Say Goodnight to Hunger"
• Oversee on-boarding of all Human Resources Directors, including training, orientation, screening, development and succession planning
• Provide mentorship and guidance to all HR Leaders in Development, Self-Directed Development Program participants and Executives in Development in concert with Corporate Director of Training & Development
• Provide individual coaching to managers in the development of their staff and/or teams
• Implement strategies to increase employee engagement and reduce employee turnover and associated costs.
• Provide analysis of turnover trends and identify strategies to address
• Lead follow-up on AES action plans for the region
• Champion integrity of associate recognition programs, including Cultural Warrior, AES and annual awards
• Partner with General Managers and the properties' Human Resource staff to facilitate a labor relations strategy which ensures a positive, supportive workplace resistant to collective bargaining
• Lead preventive labor relations strategy and intervention as necessary
• Deploy resources for union negotiations in concert with legal team
• Develop strategy for new builds and acquisitions that occur in the region
• Represent the "voice of the associate" in the operations division
• Oversee administration of annual company AES and follow up actions/recommendations
• Bachelors degree; post education is a plus
• Previous experience in a corporate or area role
• Labor relations experience
• Ten years experience in a variety of property types in a leadership role (Core, Convention, Resort)
• Runway for future growth and development
• Dynamic personality
• Cultural fit
• Willing to relocate to Dallas, TX