The Omni Dallas Hotel, in the center of the revitalized downtown Dallas, is connected via sky bridge to the Dallas Convention Center and close to restaurants, shops, entertainment and more! The Omni Dallas Hotel is built to meet the U.S. Green Building Council LEED Gold Certification standards, placing it on the forefront of environmental awareness and conservation in the city.
The Omni Dallas Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Dallas Hotel may be your perfect match.
We're looking for enthusiastic, creative, and ambitious individuals to join Texas Spice, our signature farm-to-table restaurant concept featuring locally-sourced ingredients and cuisine . A senior line cook plays a vital role in the operation of a kitchen by utilizing their experience to prepare multiple dishes at multiple stations, both hot and cold, within a variety of cuisine types. While working in this role, the Senior Line Cook also has ample opportunities to develop potential supervisory and management abilities - growth that can help you take the next step in your career! If you're looking for a prime opportunity to refine your culinary skills within the Omni Dallas Hotel's top-ranked Food and Beverage program, then the Senior Line Cook position may be the perfect position for you!
- Preparing a variety of food items (hot and cold) for the Texas Spice Kitchen within a timely manner, prioritizing tasks as necessary
- Operating multiple stations within the kitchen (Sauté, Grill, Garde Manger, others as assigned)
- Maintaining cleanliness of all hot and cold preparation stations, and all surrounding culinary areas
- Organizing and preparing both current and future requisitions
- Effectively communicating relevant menu and dietary changes between all shifts
- 2-4+ years of culinary experience; well-versed in operation of multiple culinary stations
- Knowledge of basic kitchen preparation, knife skills, sanitation, and safety
- Ability to remain active, including standing for 8+ hour per day
- Flexible scheduling to include nights, weekends, and holidays
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .