The Omni Dallas Hotel, in the center of the revitalized downtown Dallas, is connected via sky bridge to the Dallas Convention Center and close to restaurants, shops, entertainment and more! The Omni Dallas Hotel is built to meet the U.S. Green Building Council LEED Gold Certification standards, placing it on the forefront of environmental awareness and conservation in the city.
The Omni Dallas Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Dallas Hotel may be your perfect match.
The main objective of the Beverage Captain is to c ollaborate with Director of Banquets and Purchasing team on the following: requisitioning, receiving, storing and inventory of all beverage products for the banquet department to ensure that the beverage cost and contribution margins for liquor, beer and wine meet the budgeted target (as set by Director of Food and Beverage).
- Monitor the quality of the service during meal period and/or banquet functions by actively engaging guests with personalized wine/beverage service and empower staff to do the same.
- Continuously work on elevating Beverage program, conduct training and seminars for all team members to expand their beverage service skills and increase product knowledge. Create a minimum core knowledge level for associates: relevant offering, service techniques, proper glassware, beverage pairings and the ability to understand guest preferences.
- Actively participate in the generation of ideas to impact positively on guest experience and to assist in the implementation of these ideas. Constantly gather and share information about new trends in beverage industry.
- Research, recommend and organize wine menu and beverage program to ensure that each outlet has an independent identity. Print and maintain all beverage lists to be accurate and up to date.
- Provide timely feedback on success level of events, advising if alternate event arrangements or beverage offering should be made in the future.
- Responsible for all Wine and Liquor tastings.
- Assist and lead food and wine paring trainings.
- Effectively supervise and coordinate the Banquet Beverage staff during all banquet functions.
- Responsible for insuring all standards are consistent at all time
- Assist the Banquet Manager in the complete operation of the Banquet Department
- Responsible for adhering to hotel policies and procedures
- Responsible for adhering to all liquor liability laws
- Serve as Banquet (Food) Captain -on-duty as needed.
- Individual must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 25-50 pounds frequently, and/or 10-25 pounds constantly to move objects
- Must be able to withstand long hours, working in conditions that are at times difficult and unpredictable to include fluctuating temperatures, inclement weather, vapors and exhaust unique to the hospitality industry.
• A minimum of 4 years Banquet/Food & Beverage service Experience
• Must possess good Leadership, Planning and Organizational Skills
• Extensive Wine and Liquor knowledge and experience
• Strong Customer Service Skills
• Time management skills
• Ability to coach and counsel employees
• Must maintain a valid driver's license
• Must be flexible to schedule changes
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .