Performance Consulting is a Center of Excellence (CoE) responsible for leading critical reengineering and diagnostic efforts throughout the business, with the ultimate goal of improving both operating and financial performance. Typical projects are commissioned by senior executives and leaders throughout CCB and focus on the business's most urgent process improvement, organizational change, and/or functional strategy development needs. Typical engagements (not exhaustive) include:
• Operations Strategy
• Organization Design & Governance
• Business/Function Transformation
• Operating Models
• Quality Program Implementation
• Process Design
• Operational Risk and Controls
Performance Consulting follows a hypothesis-driven, fact-based approach to problem solving. The ability to solve critical business problems along with the diversity and backgrounds of individuals distinguish Performance Consulting from other areas of the Firm. Typical project teams are comprised of 2 to 4 members, many of whom are former management consultants (internal or external). Projects are usually 4 to 12 weeks long, depending on complexity and scope.
We are currently seeking qualified individuals who can work with the senior management on the Performance Consulting team to identify opportunities to improve processes (e.g., drive efficiencies, improve the customer experience, reduce risks, etc.), conduct robust analysis to quantify the opportunities identified and present findings in a clear and concise manner to senior leadership. The candidate will own aspects of the engagement, but collaborate as part of a larger project team. Activities may include conducting interviews and side-by-sides with clients, analyzing various data sources, compiling presentations and syndicating results with partners across the firm.
• Collaborate with businesses to identify populations and sub-set data for quality test sampling
• Creatively solve for data acquisition and migration
• Assess business processes and implement Quality Management Systems solutions to standardize processes and improve pass rates while reducing rework
• Support engagements that drive Quality, Cost, Productivity and Service Delivery projects to completion using formal process improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma and/or Capacity Planning.
• Gather, model and analyze data to test hypotheses and size opportunities of major change programs and process improvement projects
• Develop and refine recommended solutions to address issues and capture opportunities.
• Compile presentations to summarize findings/recommendations and take part in syndication process to senior management.
• Partner with stakeholders in all activities.
• Demonstrate a strong desire to learn new concepts, tools and business practices by taking direction from managers and senior consultants and following through on tasks and assignments.
• Drive end-to-end process redesign and performance improvement through the identification and elimination of waste (non-value added activities)
• Build organizational capability through strong relationships with internal clients and team members
• Use project management skills to break down work into process steps, develop schedules, and work within time constraints.
• Apply analytical / quantitative approach to problem solving; e.g., organize and analyze data through statistical concepts.
• Identify key metrics aligned with client initiatives to help establish baselines and estimate appropriate targets.
• Use strategic thinking and planning skills/abilities to drive innovation.
• Serve as a Change Agent and contribute to the Continuous Improvement Culture.
• Experience with data management and code development highly preferred; ACES software experience are a plus
• Experience with implementing or auditing Quality Management Systems, e.g. ISO 9000, AS 9000, TS 16949; lead assessor training a plus
• Bachelor's degree from a competitive school, demonstrating a strong academic and extracurricular track record
• Have experience in strategy, process improvement or reengineering efforts within an operations environment
• Experience in financial services operations strategy or consulting preferred, but not required
• Banking experience within Retail Operations, technology and other support functions preferred but not required
• Formal LEAN and Six Sigma training a plus, or demonstrated excellent problem solving and communication skills
• Proven ability to prioritize and efficiently complete assignments while maintaining the highest quality
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Exceptional facilitation skills with ability to bring teams to consensus
• Knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools (experience with Prosci/ADKAR methodology or similar formal change management methodologies is a plus)
• Experience in robotics/automation, quality or strategy
• Ability to travel as needed (e.g., ranges of 25% to 50%; will vary by project)
• Project management skills - Candidate must be able to scope projects, create workable project plans and execute on such plans. The Associate will be staffed on multiple projects simultaneously, so the ability to balance competing priorities and appropriately set expectations is key.
• Problem solving skills - Candidate must demonstrate end-to-end generalist problem solving skills, including the ability to define and deconstruct problems, identify and prioritize key issues
• Analytic skills - gather data, structure and execute quantitative and qualitative analyses, financial modeling, perform competitor/industry research, conduct interviews, synthesize findings, and develop actionable recommendations.
• Client management skills - Candidate must demonstrate the ability to closely partner with senior and line managers and other stakeholders on projects. Collaboration with business partners will be critical to ensuring successful project delivery.
• Communications and influencing skills - Candidate must possess excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Teamwork skills - Candidate must be flexible in his/her work style and be able to work with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels.
• Must have excellent skills with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Visio or iGrafx and other Microsoft Office applications.
• Personal traits - Candidate must be a results-focused, highly-motivated, self-starter.
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in the firm's vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask wearing, social distancing and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans