Facebook is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher to join Facebook AI Research, a research organization focused on making fundamental progress in AI. Facebook AI Research (FAIR) conducts cutting-edge research to deepen our understanding of existing AI methods and advance the state-of-the-art. For this position, the applicant will engage with the supervisor and other researchers in Facebook AI Research (FAIR) to develop and implement research agenda, publish world-class research works, and make external impact. You will apply high standards to the research and develop an ability to identify highly impactful projects in a complex and unexplored domain. You will be able to gain valuable experience in a top-tier research institute, publish academic papers on a regular basis, and build your reputation across the world. Postdoc research areas may include Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Speech & Audio, Conversational AI, Theory, Reinforcement Learning, Robotics, Graphics, Human & Machine Intelligence, or other similar fields. Postdoc positions are one year fixed-term positions, and we have opportunities across several regions. We will interview during the following hiring windows in 2022. Candidates are welcome to apply at any time, but may not hear back if their application is received outside of these timeframes:March 18, 2022 - April 29, 2022 June 20, 2022 - July 22, 2022September 18, 2022 - October 14, 2022
Postdoctoral Researcher, Artificial Intelligence (PhD) Responsibilities:
1. Perform research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines.
2. Collaborate with your supervisor and other researchers to discuss, develop and implement research agenda.
3. Write and debug high-quality research code and research papers.
4. Design and implement experiments to test research ideas on a variety of problems.
5. High quality papers and present research at conferences.
6. Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree or completing a postdoctoral assignment in Computer Science or a similar field. Degree must be completed prior to joining Meta.
7. Research background in Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Speech, Robotics, Graphics, or similar field.
8. Experience solving analytical problems using analytic and quantitative approaches.
9. Experience communicating research.
10. Experience coding in C/C++, Python, C#, or other similar language.
11. Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
12. First-authored publications at peer-reviewed conferences (ICML, ICLR, NeurIPS, CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, CoRL, ICASSP, INTERSPEECH, ACL, NAACL, EMNLP, or similar).
13. Research and engineering experience demonstrated via grants, fellowships, patents, internships, work experience, and/or coding competitions.
14. Experience solving complex problems and comparing alternative solutions, trade-offs, and diverse points of view to determine a path forward.
15. Experience communicating research for public audiences of peers.
16. Experience working and communicating cross functionally in a team environment.
$116,000/year to $160,000/year + benefits
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.