Louis Perry Group, a CDM Smith company, is seeking an experienced Engineer/Project Manager with a chemical / process engineering background. This Project Manager will have particular responsibility to lead projects in the chemical / oil & gas market for heavy industrial clients, as well as potential other projects.
A Project Manager is an experienced Engineer who can plan, organize, and control the activities of the project as well as his/her own activities to best accomplish the successful completion (on time and within prescribed budget) of all projects assigned to him/her while operating within the guidelines established by the President. Qualities of a Project Manager would include maturity, judgement, leadership, experience, and project success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Defines the scope of individual projects. Directly responsible for the quality control and design concept of the plans and specifications following our Quality Management System (QMS).
• Maintains the engineering budget, scope of work, and engineering schedule
• Communicates and coordinates with all involved in the project
• Develops integrated tasks to accomplish individual projects
• Coordinates and monitors the technical work of each task
• Coordinates the project with outside consultants
• Makes recommendation of award to client
• Coordinates the frequency of periodic visits by firm representative(s)
• Reviews all documents prepared for each project
• Monitors progress toward deliverable schedules
• Works closely with personnel from Engineering departments as necessary to ensure fulfillment of contract requirements
• Schedules design meetings and weekly progress meetings
• Attends pre-bid meeting and tabulate bid results
• Reviews and approves all Engineering (Design) Change Notices, when appropriate for the project
• Reviews and approves all Contractor monthly requisitions for payment
• Prepares monthly reports
• Prepares project closeout meeting
• Develops trust and confidence of clients
• Reports to upper management any matters that jeopardize the success of the project
• Seeks follow-up business for each project
• Upon completion of the project, is available to the field engineers, contractors and inspectors for consultation regarding the construction phase of the project
Louis Perry Group - Project Manager (chemical/process engineering)
**CDM Smith Employment Type:**
The Project Manager must have:
• Bachelor’s degree, and
• Ten (10) or more years of relevant work experience, and
• PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list)
• Bachelor's degree in chemical or mechanical engineering degree w/ process experience
• experience in EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) / Design-Build firms for heavy industrial clients
The Louis Perry Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
**Job Site Location:**
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed Louis Perry Group Placement Agreement from the Louis Perry Group Recruiting Lead to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the Louis Perry Group staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to the Louis Perry Group and any resume submitted to any employee outside of the Louis Perry Group’s Recruiting Lead will be considered property of the Louis Perry Group. The Louis Perry Group will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
**Amount of Travel Required:**
**Why Louis Perry?:**
**Louis Perry & Associates:**
Built on a foundation of strong values, high morals, integrity and passion, Louis Perry & Associates will not only provide you with a rewarding career but the encouragement and tools to become a success.
More than being one of the largest and fastest growing engineering and architectural firms in the nation, Louis Perry & Associates also offers a world of opportunity. From training courses and seminars to state-of-the-art technology and a stable, supportive corporate environment, we’re committed to providing the best for our employees and securing the continued success of our company
**The Perry Group:**
The Perry Group is a full-service, design/build, general construction and construction management firm and a specialized equipment systems manufacturer. Over the past twelve years, we have built, fabricated and managed nearly $1 billion worth of construction and equipment projects.
**Visa Sponsorship Available:**
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
**Skills and Abilities:**
• Extensive knowledge of standard practices within engineering disciplines
• Ability to analyze and prepare comprehensive reports
• Computer aptitude to include knowledge of computer-aided drafting design systems
• Ability to effectively guide and supervise the work of others
• Strong organization and communication skills
• Team player attitude
• Understanding of building materials and construction methods; knowledge of procedures for production of construction documents
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Cost conscious