The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Aerospace Platform Center of Excellence Electrical Design Team creates a broad range of regional and business and general aviation safety, cockpit, engine control, and connectivity products and services, space-based electronics for human or satellite systems, and sensors and navigation electronics for missiles and interceptors.
We are looking for a top-performing Senior Electrical Systems Hardware Design Engineer to join our elite team of innovative and creative engineers to create trusted electronics that Aerospace runs on. You’ll work closely with our Platform COE and Cyber Systems teams to achieve trusted designs and leverage protected integrated circuit technologies for Electronic Solutions. This technical design and leadership position will work with our cross functional engineering talent lead to create the world’s most advanced cybersecurity solutions.
• Lead hardware development assignments, including system trades, setting and negotiating requirements, project planning and execution, design and analysis, build, qualification, production, and test.
• Coordinate with cyber and system architects to employ cyber security design processes, methods, techniques and tools
• Design embedded processing systems including CPU/Memory interfaces, switching/linear power supplies, and communications (Ethernet, CAN, I2C, SPI) protocols.
• Conduct cybersecurity test and evaluation of hardware and/or software designs to verify and validate compliance with defined specifications and requirements.
• Effectively interact and collaborate with other engineering disciplines with excellent attention to detail to develop advanced products.
• Solve complex design problems to tight schedules with minimal supervision.
• Work in a fast-paced, constantly changing, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up-like atmosphere.
• Follow and tailor best design practices and guidelines to ensure the best outcome for project tasks.
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science Engineering
• 5+ years’ experience in hardware electrical design
• Must be a U.S. Citizen due to ITAR restrictions
• Current DoD clearance or ability to maintain a top-secret clearance
• Master’s degrees in Electrical, Software, or Cyber Engineering
• Strong understanding of security design and architecture with ability to develop solutions at the integrated circuit and PBA level
• Ability to apply an adversarial mindset in developing and evaluating cybersecurity designs
• Domain experience in areas such as embedded systems, hardware design, software design, and integrated circuit design.
• Hands on technical experience as an individual contributor in some of the following areas:
o Designing with modern processing technologies and architectures, high speed physical and wireless communication and interconnect protocols
o Integration and testing of Real Time Operating System(RTOS) controlled hardware
o Programming/Coding FPGAs, embedded processors, or microcontrollers
o Proficiency with xDX Designer, Hyperlinx, Mathcad, MS Excel, and LTSpice with demonstrated experience designing, simulating and analyzing and demonstrating design performance to requirements
• Understands the lead designers responsibly of effective communication. Clearly and concisely convey subtle or complex messages to a variety of audiences, both written and verbal. Speaks geek, customer, and business.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.