The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Use your advanced knowledge of the hardware engineering discipline, processes and tools to help Honeywell Aerospace deliver innovative solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. You will work under limited supervision and alongside some of the world's most talented engineers. You will contribute to the development of Honeywell's next generation of Aviation Defense products by designing, testing and/or validating products/processes from prototype to market. You will be part of a group of highly committed professionals who provide expertise to ensure the success of complex engineering projects and programs while acting as a mentor to more junior engineers. You will interact with internal and external customers in order to facilitate the completion of products to customer specifications.
• Plan and execute project subtasks (designing, testing, etc)
• Assist in product and process certification for customer acceptance
• Guide engineers, technicians and associates to ensure project and product compliance
• Present to leadership and external customer
• Consult with vendors and suppliers to ensure product and project compliance
• Communicate any non-compliance incidents and results of internal project audits to pertinent parties
• Establish and follow methodologies for new or existing concepts
• Identify opportunities and propose technical improvements by applying advanced electrical
• Suggest enhancements to advance projects
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering
• 7+ years of experience in the design of aerospace navigation hardware test equipment
• Due to ITAR restrictions, must be a U.S. person
• Deep understanding of a variety of hardware engineering standards and specifications
• Experience with functional / environmental test equipment
• Experience with guidance / electronics systems
• Can take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by event
• Able to assemble facts from various areas, analyze data, and provide informed recommendations
• Effectively using data to make intelligent decisions
• Experience writing and presenting technical information to leadership and / or a customer
• Proven track record developing test procedures
• Experience in CAM (Cost Account Management)
• Experience in Capital Projects
• Experience in Development
• Schematic and board layout for low to medium complexity test equipment boards
• Experience developing VHDL applications for FPGA designs as well as developing simulation via test bench and vectors.
• Some experience with scripting languages, assembly languages, C, and a high order object-oriented language such as C++, Java, or C#.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.