Special Projects Intern/ Continuous Improvement Intern - Summer 2020
2690 Kelly Blvd
Claremont, North Carolina, 28610
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Special Projects Intern/ Continuous Improvement Intern - Claremont, NC, Summer 2020
• Lead/support project teams designed for continuous improvement across multiple areas
• Prepares presentations which effectively communicate project progress, obstacles hindering the process, and any additional resources needed by you and or your team.
• Interacts with all levels of WestRock employees, customers and vendors to ensure project success.
• Prepares appropriate spreadsheets for reporting.
• Handles proprietary and non-routine information on a regular basis.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
• Must be at least a Junior pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, HR, or other related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
• Must demonstrate initiative.
• Must be able to handle multiple projects and effectively prioritize workload.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance and work overtime as needed.
• Must be professional, confident, and self-motivated to work on projects in an effective manner and manage deadlines well.
• Must have strong attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Microsoft Access/Excel proficiency preferred
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.