Make banking a Fifth Third better®
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
This Co-Op Program provides college students the opportunity to participate in a hands-on program supporting the Cincinnati WAM team. This is a paid professional development opportunity where students will learn Fifth Third Bank’s business practices, operations, and procedures, and build skills you need to ultimately assume a permanent role.
This in-person internship helps college students gain meaningful work experience and targeted educational opportunities to develop them as future organizational leaders and gain exposure to multiple business areas. Students will acquire on-the-job skills and an understanding of the real-life work environment, while developing a professional network that includes some of the best talent in the industry.
You will be responsible and accountable for risk, encouraged to openly exchange ideas and opinions, elevate concerns, and follow policies and procedures to safeguard the company. Doing the right thing for customers and colleagues is key; you’ll also have the opportunity to touch many aspects of the Private Bank from the team-based approach to the various technology platforms we utilize.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This role is primarily responsible for partnering with the Cincinnati WAM team to perform assigned projects and tasks as needed. In addition, a successful student will work with the Cincinnati WAM team to identify and assist in developing various customer oriented solutions. The student should have basic knowledgeable on financial and risk analysis as well as having basic sales and business development acumen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
• Partner with the Cincinnati WAM team to perform assigned projects and tasks as needed.
• Conduct industry research.
• Create client presentations.
• Work with the Cincinnati WAM team to identify client solutions.
• Attend and participate in client presentations at the team’s request.
• Exhibit high attention to detail and discipline to check work to produce error free and properly formatted work on a consistent basis
• Exhibit strong work ethic and passion for excellence while conducting self in a professional manner
• Assist in preparation of high-quality presentation materials for use in meetings
• Manage expectations while working on several high priority opportunities simultaneously
• Ability to excel in both team and self-directing settings
• C ommunicate effectively with deal team members on status and prioritization of projects
• Successful candidate will place an emphasis on networking/relationship building across various levels inside and with clients/prospects/COIs outside the bank.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
+ Pursuing Bachelor’s degree with strong financial or business acumen
+ Juniors and Seniors Preferrable
+ Minimum 3.0 GPA required
+ Basic knowledge of financial and risk analysis.
+ Basic knowledge of US economy and regulations.
+ Basic sales and business development acumen.
+ Excellent presentation skills, both oral and written
+ Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
+ Process orientation and attention to detail
+ Proficient in all Microsoft Office software.
Wealth & Asset Management College Co-Op - - Cincinnati
LOCATION -- Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Introduce yourself to our team to stay connected on future opportunities. We look forward to finding the right place for you. Are you ready to take the next step?
Fifth Third Bank, National Association is one of the top-performing banks in the country, with a history that spans more than 150 years. We’ve staked our claim on looking at things differently to make banking a Fifth Third better. This applies to our relationships with customers and employees alike.We employ about 18,000 people while offering:• A chance for employees to build their future, with supportive career development and comprehensive health and financial wellness programs.• An environment where we win together by celebrating achievements and working collaboratively.• An opportunity to make a difference in a positive and lasting way. Everything we do is geared toward improving lives.We’re proud that Fifth Third is a warm and caring place to grow – as a customer and as a team member.