We Are Hiring
CERTIFIED Child Life Specialist - NICU Experienced - Pediatric Support Svcs 001 - Full-Time,Day - Sacred Heart Hospital Pensacola - Pensacola,FL
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Sacred Heart is a faith-based health system that provides a network of hospitals, outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and a variety of other health services to communities in South Alabama and across Northwest Florida. The health system includes the 566-bed Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola and the Studer Family Children's Hospital at Sacred Heart, the region's only facility specializing in the care of children. Major regional services based in Pensacola also include the Heart and Vascular Institute, the area's leading Stroke Center, a Level II Trauma Center, and a Cancer Center affiliated with MD Anderson Cancer Network. In 2003, Ascension Sacred Heart opened its Emerald Coast hospital, a 76-bed community hospital in Walton County, near Destin, Fla. Ascension Sacred Heart also includes a 75-bed hospital in Panama City where services include a Level II trauma center and advanced cardiovascular care, as well as a 19-bed community hospital in Port St. Joe, FL, that serves Gulf and Franklin counties.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Sacred Heart Health System-FL, you will have the opportunity to collaboratewith the health care team to provide social, emotional, and developmental support during a pediatric patient's illness and hospitalization.
- Supplies a caring and secure atmosphere for patients and their families in pediatrics.
- Collaborates with the health care team to plan appropriate interventions.
- Develops and/or participates in outreach and educational activities to teach families, staff, and the community about issues and services related to ill and hospitalized children.
- Maintains proper education to continue with professional development.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Child Life Professionalcredentialed from theAssociation of Child Life Professionalsrequired. NICU CCLS experience required.
- Diploma Bachelors degree in Child Life or related field required - NICU experience required..
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sacred Heart Health System is an equal opportunityemployer.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Sacred Heart Health Systemparticipates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)